Best Place To Buy Fi

http://www.ficaraudio.com
From what a few have said AA is better than Fi but I fail to see it... Imo anything AA has Fi beats it in the same price range.
They're the same company... Fi sells direct and AA is through dealers...

Looks like I'm going with the AA Havoc unless I can get a better price on the BL's. I can't justify spending almost $250 more for a set of BL's direct from Fi.

Fi used to be a good priced sub from what I read.

They're the same company... Fi sells direct and AA is through dealers...
Looks like I'm going with the AA Havoc unless I can get a better price on the BL's. I can't justify spending almost $250 more for a set of BL's direct from Fi.

Fi used to be a good priced sub from what I read.
Might make more sense if the BL didn't stomp on the Havoc but that's my 2 cents... I've seen BL's take like 4k daily and sound great doing it, good luck making a havok do that. Not hating AA they are a great company but price/performance I vote Fi.

SSD's and Q's are greatly priced, BL's are eh in pricing but BTL's are well priced imo. and before you call me a Fi nuthugger I bought my 18 used for half price and I just upgraded from DC so no, no Fi nuthugging here just personal preference/experience.

Might make more sense if the BL didn't stomp on the Havoc but that's my 2 cents... I've seen BL's take like 4k daily and sound great doing it, good luck making a havok do that. Not hating AA they are a great company but price/performance I vote Fi.
SSD's and Q's are greatly priced, BL's are eh in pricing but BTL's are well priced imo. and before you call me a Fi nuthugger I bought my 18 used for half price and I just upgraded from DC so no, no Fi nuthugging here just personal preference/experience.
Your first post you mentioned AA had Fi but your second one trashed the Havoc... As far as I know, the Havoc/BL/DC XL are in a similar class as the Mayhem/BTL/Lvl 5 are in the next one up. Hey, I'm a Fi nuthugger myself trying to justify getting the BL's so no insult taken. It just seems that the havoc is the right fit for me. No SPL or high wattage, just good SQ that pounds nice... No drags.

I had the order placed on the BL's until I got to the $150 shipping screen.

If you're comfortable buying used, you can get Fi subs pretty cheap on the forums. From what I have seen AA got pretty expensive when Fi too over. Dealer mark up ftl. What makes it worse is AA was the best bang for the buck hands down in the mid 2000s. Great subs and CHEAP. Still great subs now, but anything with dealer mark up scares me away. Lol

Your first post you mentioned AA had Fi but your second one trashed the Havoc... As far as I know, the Havoc/BL/DC XL are in a similar class as the Mayhem/BTL/Lvl 5 are in the next one up. Hey, I'm a Fi nuthugger myself trying to justify getting the BL's so no insult taken. It just seems that the havoc is the right fit for me. No SPL or high wattage, just good SQ that pounds nice... No drags.
I had the order placed on the BL's until I got to the $150 shipping screen.
Subs are expensive to ship properly //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

if your building correctly you shouldnt need 4k on a bl or a havoc. if its taking you that kinda power on those subs to make them do what they are supposed to, then i question everything else about the build.

Where are you getting your Havocs? Unless my eyes are deceiving me, it looks like an 18" BL is $334(plus shipping), and a Havoc is $419(plus shipping). Two BLs plus $150 shipping would still be less than two Havocs excluding shipping.

Of course, that's from SSA, so you might be getting them cheaper.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.