Best Place To Buy Fi

Where are you getting your Havocs? Unless my eyes are deceiving me, it looks like an 18" BL is $334(plus shipping), and a Havoc is $419(plus shipping). Two BLs plus $150 shipping would still be less than two Havocs excluding shipping.
Of course, that's from SSA, so you might be getting them cheaper.
The BL's are significantly more expensive once the options and shipping are added... I even left out the internal lead and their still way over the Havoc.

I can get new 18" havocs for about 775 shipped.

To previous comments, Fi actually OEM's for AA...and subs aren't cheap to ship at all. Fi ships from Las Vegas so it has to go pretty far as well

Subs are expensive to ship properly //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
I know but the prices I'm seeing allow me to believe some manufacturers are absorbing shipping in the msrp where others advertise a low price and make shipping the actual shipping cost...

Either way, my budget allows for two 18" Fi BL's, DC XL's or Havocs... Just gotta find the cheapest place for each and make a decision.

if your building correctly you shouldnt need 4k on a bl or a havoc. if its taking you that kinda power on those subs to make them do what they are supposed to, then i question everything else about the build.
Exactly... I plan on getting the subs 1700 watts max on my setup. In the future I'll get one more amp and put one to each and adjust the gains... I'd rather have the power available but not use it all, I like to run cool.

What precisely are you trying to do with the build? How much space do you have? Really married to Fi products? I think the only one they make that's close to worth buying is the neo BTL.

What precisely are you trying to do with the build? How much space do you have? Really married to Fi products? I think the only one they make that's close to worth buying is the neo BTL.
They're going in an escalade and I'm looking for mostly SQ with good a 20-30hz response... I have the room for a large enclosure. Whatever it takes to bump Boyz N The Hood and twenty 15's by Bass Patrol... Maybe some Rack City. ;-)

I've done a ton of research and that's why I'm leaning towards the BL's Havocs or DC XL's. Those are in my price range... I was also a sundown nuthugger for a few so I'm also open to those.

I think I've considered almost everything so it's down to those brands.

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

According to their contact page, Yes Ascendantaudio.com
Cool... Thx for the lookup

If you are not set on Fi/AA, these could be a good fit for 700 shipped (not my subs just noticed them while browsing)2 custom built Sundown Z v.1 18s - Car Audio Classifieds
Thanks for checking that out for me... I was eyeballing those sundowns hard....

I definitely want to consider used but if it's only gonna be 1-200 more, I'll buy new. That's where it looks like its going unless something ridiculous pops up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.