Sign in to follow this  
dshaver

Amp(s) for two Alpine Type R 12s

Hey! I'm almost 16 and I'm saving up for a sound system for my first car. I think I want to get two Alpine Type R SWR-1243d (Alpine SWR-1243D 12" Type-R Car Subwoofer/Sub (SWR1243D)) subs but I have no idea what amp (or amps) to power them with. I'm also getting two sets of Type R speakers (Alpine SPR-13S 5-1/4" Type-R Component Speakers) that I think I'm going to power with an Alpine PDX-4.100 (Alpine PDX-4.100 (pdx4100) - 4 Channel Amplifier | Four Channel Amp - Sonic Electronix), but I don't know how to wire multiple amps to one battery. Any help or advice on what amps to use or the best ways to wire amps and subs is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I'd get a AQ1200 and get (2) 4 ohm Type R's

Wiring multiple amps is easy.

- Power wire from + batt terminal to anl fuse holder

- Power wire from anl holder to distribution block

- Two runs of wire from distribution block (one for each amplifier)

- Ground both amps to the vehicle's chassis (use the same spot for both grounds)

Simple.

I shot out muh mom's vag with bossing papers in hand. :fyi:

Those Type-Rs like 500 watts RMS a piece.

Sold to: Mills561, Kross6622, sleazebagger, shpatb, esmokah

Traded: Kross6622

Bought from: DJ Nitrous 427, 97maxima

Justyn93 -- Good call on the amp. I checked it out and it looks perfect. Would the Alpine PDX-4.100 be the best amp for my 5 1/4" Type R's or is there another that would be a better fit?

misfit138 -- You're right, that is simple! I have a few more questions though:

1. What gauge wires should I run for a mono 1200w RMS amp and a 4-channel 400w RMS amp?
  2. What amp rating of fuses should I use?
  3. Do I need fuses between the distribution block and the amps?
  4. Can I use a distribution block for grounding my amps?

Wingman0121 -- Yeah, the older Type R's were 500w RMS but the new ones that I'm getting are 600w RMS and 1800w Peak.

Justyn93 -- Good call on the amp. I checked it out and it looks perfect. Would the Alpine PDX-4.100 be the best amp for my 5 1/4" Type R's or is there another that would be a better fit?

misfit138 -- You're right, that is simple! I have a few more questions though:

1. What gauge wires should I run for a mono 1200w RMS amp and a 4-channel 400w RMS amp?
  2. What amp rating of fuses should I use?
  3. Do I need fuses between the distribution block and the amps?
  4. Can I use a distribution block for grounding my amps?

Wingman0121 -- Yeah, the older Type R's were 500w RMS but the new ones that I'm getting are 600w RMS and 1800w Peak.

1. 0 awg to d-block, 4 to amps

2. Add the on-board fuses of the amps

3. No, some d-blocks are fused though.

4. Yes, same way you do your power.

2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer LT

Pioneer AVIC-U310BT | Eclipse SC6500 | MB Quart Q4.80

(2) Fi BTL N2 12 in 4.5 cubes @ 33hz | Cactus K5 | XS D3100 & D3400 | Knu 0 Gauge | Big 3 | 250a Alt

Monsonwarriorsig-3.jpg

amp i have.

5L95O05Fe3k93M13Jdc2jda7ecdad874a1411.jpgbought from ridinhi,vitveet,dbr,sicaudio and 99grandprixgt, and more ........... sold to player3,foomasta69, pitbull, brodiesel and dragnix 12887 traded with louisiana crx

"noobs that come in the dome will get gang raped!"

nothing but a stock fosgate system with gps and back up camera lol

2012 nissan sentra spec v with some goodies cumming though

Do you guys think an MB Quart ONX1.1500D would work for the two 12" Type R's or would it have too much power for them?

should be fine

Okay, I think I have it narrowed down to the Audioque AQ1200D, the Sundown Audio SAX-1200D and the Elemental Designs NINe.1. Out of these three, which would:

1. Hit the hardest?
  2. Sound the cleanest?
  3. Be most efficient?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this