alpine 3522 amp

Participant count
  • Participant list
Not sure if it's exactly the same. I think the S is bridgeable. if I recall you have to select the bridge (in/out) switch and follow the markings on the speaker leads. But in general, here are the specifications.

1700755407574.png

Not sure if it's exactly the same. I think the S is bridgeable. if I recall you have to select the bridge (in/out) switch and follow the markings on the speaker leads. But in general, here are the specifications.
thanks for the info. I've been doing some reading and seen that they where great for some old school sq systems.
Though it might be cool to make my own old school sq system with it.

The 3522 Duo-B Alpine is a Great little amplifier. It should be made in Japan. I have about 3 of the 3522 left, a 3523, 2)3525,3540, 3555, and a few more. the 35 series are some of the best amplifiers of the Old versions. There is usually a sticker on bottom plate for specs. That 3522 will run a nice 200-400 rms sub just fine in 4 ohms, a decent 50-75 Rms components or Coaxials,Tweeters up to 50 rms ea just fine and you can also run it Mixed/Mono with passive xovers on mids and highs(basicly 3 way). Great little amp. I put a 3523 in my brothers van on a set of polk 6x9s 4ohm and sound really clean.

the 3528,and 3527 are some really nice 4 ch amps if you can find them. the 3513S was a great little amp for some 40-50 RMS tweeters,or for a set of 5.25 mids as well

That 3522 will run a nice 200-400 rms sub just fine in 4 ohms, a decent 50-75 Rms components or Coaxials,Tweeters up to 50 rms ea just fine and you can also run it Mixed/Mono with passive xovers on mids and highs(basicly 3 way). Great little amp. I put a 3523 in my brothers van on a set of polk 6x9s 4ohm and sound really clean.
Awesome, I'm just wondering what you pair it with if you were to make an old school sq system.
admittedly, I don't know much about sound systems this would be my first go around.

Awesome, I'm just wondering what you pair it with if you were to make an old school sq system.
admittedly, I don't know much about sound systems this would be my first go around.
I like to run them on a set of 5.25 Coax or 6.5 up to 60rms such as Polk DB 5.25 or 6.5, Can be ran on 4",3"mids and even tweeters. It can be wired to run @2ohms Stereo and 4 Ohms Mono to run a set of 2 ohm mids up to 100rms be fine or up to a 400rms 8,10,or 12" sub @4 Ohms mono. Just depends on how you want to incorporate it into your system. Its a great amplifier. Very clean output

Last edited:
I had a 3522 back in the mid 80s. Was a very nice little amp. It did more than rated and was pushed quite a bit without any issues. Solid amp.
Great series of Alpine amps. Some of the cleanest performance amps.The ones made in Japan are my favorites. I dont mind running any of mine from time to time up front. Great amps even for todays needs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...