99 Tacoma rebuild RD audio

jack0409
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Lost
Well start of a new season and time for more work on the toyota.

Old setup 16 10" sonance subs on 8 RD 3250's at 2 ohm's. This setup would maintain a 158 average on music when I dropped the ohm load just too much on the subs and they would bite the dust after a long run.

So my new goal is a 160 and the new setup 16 10" alpha's larger coil more spiders on subs and same 3250's at .5 ohm. 2 4 X 100 rd amps and 8 6.5 RD coax. Carbon fiber box and door panels, more lift, thinking about 30 batts this time, and a new paint job lambo orange. Mayfield's Performance is doing the paint and from what I have seen they do some great work. I will also be adding firestone airbags to handle the additional weight.

The truck is at the paint shop now and carbon fiber is a slow process so progress will be slow. Plan on having it done by 2nd or 3rd week of Feb.

Pics so far

Truck now

HPIM1179.jpg

19 batts

batts-1.jpg

Carbon fiber with wet out coat

carbon.jpg

New battery under hood

hoodbatt.jpg

That is a 2 foot ladder under the truck

lift.jpg

Same amps just will be spaced across the bed instead of stacked

amp1.jpg

Old setup was sealed? Or is that a port at the top?

Baffles me how you have the airspace for that many drivers, how many cubes will the box be. And why carbon fiber?

Old setup was sealed? Or is that a port at the top?Baffles me how you have the airspace for that many drivers, how many cubes will the box be. And why carbon fiber?
Sealed setup. Carbon fiber for looks strength, weight savings and gain of airspace. Each sub will have about .6 per after displacement.

Tacoma's have a week spot on the frame they are a box frame till you get to the bed then it turns to c channel welded some metal in to fix that

frame.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.