Rockford Fosgate RFR 3110 Rebuild

I miss my XLC’s. They made pretty good stuff back then and went downhill when they starting selling at Best Buy. I have a P3 10 it sounds OK I just don’t like a gimmicky looking subs

I miss my XLC’s. They made pretty good stuff back then and went downhill when they starting selling at Best Buy. I have a P3 10 it sounds OK I just don’t like a gimmicky looking subs
They used to build the best, everyone knew who RF was. They were at the shows making SPL runs, giving sweet demos. Now they seem to just be pandering to the crutchfield kids.

Looks Dammned good man!! There are a couple of old subs Id like to try and recone some day. Ive never tried, but I think it would be rewarding such as your experience here. This time next year, I should have time to do all kinds of things Ive been holding back due to time needed. 👀👀Looks Badd Azzz for sure man. Thanks for sharing pics and taken the time man. (y)

Looks Dammned good man!! There are a couple of old subs Id like to try and recone some day. Ive never tried, but I think it would be rewarding such as your experience here. This time next year, I should have time to do all kinds of things Ive been holding back due to time needed. 👀👀Looks Badd Azzz for sure man. Thanks for sharing pics and taken the time man. (y)
It was a good experience, I didn't find it that hard just very detail oriented. Patience and precision were key. The hardest part for me was the soldering of the leads as I wanted them to be as solid as possible, my welding background helped there. Dj was instrumental in this, he set me up with the absolute best materials, the flux he had me get made the aluminum to copper solder joint damn near easy. And no prob on the pics, pics or it didn't happen right? 😂 Now I need to get some juice and a big ole box built.

They made pretty good stuff back then and went downhill when they starting selling at Best Buy.
They are not that bad. I have a set 12" t0 subs that at first seemed gimmicky to me. After messing around with them I came to enjoy the craftsmanship and design of them. Performance wise, they are what is expected of RF. Hard deep bass and my favorite part, they play pretty high in the frequency scale. When used with a class a/b amplifier, they blend so good with the front stage, that it sounds as if I have subs in the front.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...