Zv4 15 box almost done!!!

Looks pretty good. Sand flush everything, then corner round all edges, watch screw heads, so you don't hot router with them. Is that mdf? I built an enclosure with baltic birch, not cheap wood, and came out good.

Yeah I'm going to do a lot of deadening probably MDF on the roof maybe the back doors but most likely just some good dedner everywhere else and I appreciate all the compliments fellas you guys are the only people who have even seen the Box except my immediate family and one other person like I said no real bassheads around me that I know of that one friend who is into base but he doesn't like to install he just wants it in his car which is fine I put 3 sundown x 12 on a CT 7K in his car it hammers pretty good but I think it's a little too much for him he wants to pull it out and go with 2 zv5 12 on a 5K because the x 12 broke his tail light housings the neck on his gas tank and cracked his candy paint next time I catch him in that car I'll try to get some pics of my work as long as you guys don't make fun of the box. I didn't have car audio.com back then
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

Thanks I appreciate the compliments I do remodeling work for a living so I have some experience building and crafting things but as you all know pictures don't show every little imperfection I do think it came out well though the car with the cracked candy paint is a 69 Buick Skylark it's had some body work done to it in the paint cracked on the body panel in between the trunk lid and where the Drop Top Tucks in that trunk flexes stupid hard though if the weather breaks and I can figure it out I'll put a video up of that too

Yeah I'm going to do a lot of deadening probably MDF on the roof maybe the back doors but most likely just some good dedner everywhere else and I appreciate all the compliments fellas you guys are the only people who have even seen the Box except my immediate family and one other person like I said no real bassheads around me that I know of that one friend who is into base but he doesn't like to install he just wants it in his car which is fine I put 3 sundown x 12 on a CT 7K in his car it hammers pretty good but I think it's a little too much for him he wants to pull it out and go with 2 zv5 12 on a 5K because the x 12 broke his tail light housings the neck on his gas tank and cracked his candy paint next time I catch him in that car I'll try to get some pics of my work as long as you guys don't make fun of the box. I didn't have car audio.com back then
Schit, I would use that 7k on those zv5 12s just regulate the gain properly, good looking box btw.

Double check to the Port Port with is 7.25 throughout port length is spot-on from what I can tell I laid everything out before I started to cut since the port pieces weren't listed I just followed the dimensions and put it together to where it came out at the right length and with

I would keep the 7K to if it was me it has been rebuilt by Amp Medics and has the added board support it is a solid amp now and makes killer power but he wants to downgrade a little and try to do a setup that that isn't as intense but still pretty loud he got another old school with a bigger trunk and we are going to put 4 X 12 on the 7K instead of 3 and he is going to paint the car put rims and interior and try to flip it for a profit I believe

Eventually you can go bigger... I left enough area in the port to go to around 8.5K... so if those VFL's don't deliver or smoke strapped into 1 ohm maybe go another route (Taramps)?.. just thought I'd mention that fact.

Man im so pizzed when I was attaching the baffle I tacked it with a few Brad's but the Brad's were only 2 inch so didn't want to use those all the way around just didn't seem like enough nail biting into the wood so I had some two and a half inch trim screws laying around and figured I'd just pre-drill and then use the trim screws to attach the baffle once the glue dries won't matter anyway what I didn't see was that even with pre-drilling the screws were still swelling the would slightly or possibly splitting it but I'm not sure all I know is that when you run your hand along the edges where the baffle attached you can feel a hump where every screw is and I put a screw about every 4 to 6 in oh well I guess lesson learned next time I will be rebuilding with Birch and I will just get longer Brad's still ***** though cuz it was coming out so nice hopefully it doesn't weaken the box to the point that it falls right apart I don't think it will though still seems pretty strong and honestly once it's Rhino lined you probably won't see it anyway still just really annoying to have that happen right at the end

Oh and as far as going bigger my plan is to push the custom Recones on these Subs with clean unclipped power until they die then recone with Sundown original parts zv4 Rev 2 hopefully and if I have to get a bigger amp to do that will probably roll with a vital power or taramps bass 12K but either way will have to do more electrical than I was originally planning but ain't that how it always goes

This is goin into a Tahoe... correct?.. I'm curious as to what electrical upgrades you have done... I'm looking at a Tahoe myself and planning around 5-6K... how big of a single alternator is available?

This is goin into a Tahoe... correct?.. I'm curious as to what electrical upgrades you have done... I'm looking at a Tahoe myself and planning around 5-6K... how big of a single alternator is available?
Saw a mechman 370 today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.