Zv4 15 box almost done!!!

Jeffro83

Senior VIP Member
Just making this thread to show off the Box Shredder2 designed for me would like to give him a shout out and say thanks to him and everyone else 4 all the help and insight will be wrapping this project up today and moving on to the amp rack will post a few more photos when it is fully assembled I didn't think it was going to come out this nice and was really only going to use it for a temp box until I could get some real Baltic Birch not the cheap Home Depot stuff then go all out but now I'm thinking if this box sounds how I want it to I may end up painting and Rhino Lining it and possibly adding a Plexi window or two we'll see how that goes. If you guys see anything I should change or touch up don't be afraid to let me know and once again sorry for the tiny pictures I swear one day I will figure out how to do it right

Will definitely put up a video as soon as everything is installed I will take a palm sander to the port and round it off like you suggested thought about 45 in all the way around the port front and back when I was putting it together but I decided against it because I wasn't sure if it would mess with the tuning or anything if I ever do put Plexi windows in this box I want to epoxy the inside with white and probably do the port in the bracing in a different color and leave the outside black and Rhino line maybe throw a small LED under the Plexi window out of sight but that is all way down the road at this point

Will definitely put up a video as soon as everything is installed I will take a palm sander to the port and round it off like you suggested thought about 45 in all the way around the port front and back when I was putting it together but I decided against it because I wasn't sure if it would mess with the tuning or anything if I ever do put Plexi windows in this box I want to epoxy the inside with white and probably do the port in the bracing in a different color and leave the outside black and Rhino line maybe throw a small LED under the Plexi window out of sight but that is all way down the road at this point
It'll raise tuning fractionally... big deal!.. your tuned to what?.. 31hz?.. it'll still get down, especially if those amps deliver as advertised

So for future reference 45 in around the port is it a good idea although for this box I think I will like the rounded look that the palm sander will give a little better than 45 but yeah the box is tuned to 31 Hertz and hopefully we will find out about those amps within the next few weeks

I wouldn't "45" the port opening... lol... use a router to radius the opening... it's probably unnecessary in any case... but it'll look better... it's ported for your power so it should be allright anyways

Turned out better than I expected... good job!

Hey man do you think it's necessary to glue the bracing in place or will it be alright if I just screw it from the inside out and the outside in in case I do add a window or anything and need to move it

No woodglue!.. it'll dry solid... caulk, a dot of silicone or gasket material is what I'd use... it's just in case the screws come loose... you don't want any rattles!

Cool I have some caulk here so I'll use that that's actually better cuz the Titebond is super runny it seems like and hard as hell to work with compared to caulk or silicone or anything like that

Yeah I'm going to do a lot of deadening probably MDF on the roof maybe the back doors but most likely just some good dedner everywhere else and I appreciate all the compliments fellas you guys are the only people who have even seen the Box except my immediate family and one other person like I said no real bassheads around me that I know of that one friend who is into base but he doesn't like to install he just wants it in his car which is fine I put 3 sundown x 12 on a CT 7K in his car it hammers pretty good but I think it's a little too much for him he wants to pull it out and go with 2 zv5 12 on a 5K because the x 12 broke his tail light housings the neck on his gas tank and cracked his candy paint next time I catch him in that car I'll try to get some pics of my work as long as you guys don't make fun of the box. I didn't have car audio.com back then

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.