z6 crossover - yay or nay??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Decipha
10+ year member

www.EFI Dyno Tuning.com
I have a boston z6 set and i was wondering wheather or not i should use the component crossover. I'm going to be running an active setup with my p880prs and i intended on going directly from the tweets to the tweet amp and the woofers to the woofer amp, on the crossovers they have a wf and a tw input... should i just say to hell with the z6 crossover and use my HU's crossovers??

if i do use the z6 crossover, won't it cancel out my HU's crossover?

The definition of running active is not using any passive crossovers. So if you use the Z6 x-over, you wouldn't be running active anymore. You could bi-amp the Z6 x-over, but you shouldn't use the HU and Z6 x-overs at the same time. With the exception of using the HU high pass with the Z6s.

Only if you make a x-over network better than Boston can. Use this if you decide to take that on: http://www.soundbuggy.com/Eric/Car%20Audio/random_car_audio_stuff/boston_z6_crossover_response.jpg

And no, a passive x-over can't cancel anything. You'd still need to HP the comp set at some point of your choosing with your HU. The 880 deck will not be wasted just because you aren't using it's active x-over capabilities. However, many of the guys buying the deck are doing so because of what it's active flexibility.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.