your first system

Man it looks like everyone thus far has gone through some really pathetic subs.

My first system should arrive by friday.

2 eD B2 12" Subwoofers

1 Visonik 1800 Watt Amp

Clarion ZX835 Head unit

The laws of bumping responsibly do not apply within the first two weeks of purchase of the system, a third to fourth week may be added under the circumstances that it is the recepients first sub(s) and or sound system.

Bump On!!!!!!!!!(for up to four weeks)

my first system was:

old (like 1996/97) Eclipse HU, PPI Sedona 100 IQX powering 6.5" MB Quarts, PPI Sedona 200 IQX powering 2 12" JL Audio w1s.

I loved that system. those amps rocked. Still have the 100 iqx.

I got all of yall:

Subs: 4 JBL GTI 10's (one with orange centers, when ciruit city used to carry quality equipment)

AMP: HIGH crunch 80X4 (silver one, bought at pawn shop new, best cheater amp ever)

Sub: LA? 600x2 a best buy amp (just when they started selling them, LA something)

EQ: Jenson (From Sears)

HU: Sanyo (this is before they made removable flace plates, the whole deck came out)

HIGHS: 6.5 JBL GTO compo.

and 5.5 JBL GTO compo

1 farad cap

my first system to me was hot banged, this is were I feel in love with paper subs

Harmen Karden HU

Yamaha crossover

Infinity Kappas 6x9s rears

Infinity 4'' fronts

RF Punch 75

RF Punch 150

HK 50 watt amp

2 12'' Kickers in sealed box.

Metered at 130 dbs back in 1986

This was my first and the one I have now is my second.

Okay, here was my first setup, and might I add it was ghetto. I was talking to a guy that had this setup in his car and he sold it all to me for 80 bucks (the subs and the amp), so I couldn't pass it up.

1 12" Cerwin Vega HED

1 12" Hollywood (you know its ghetto when you mixmatch brands and one of them's a HOLLYWOOD)

$100 blaupunkt headunit from pawnshop

1 US acoustics amp that was blue and chrome (I don't remember the wattage or model)

I had a friend, that knew what he was doing, install the setup and, let me say it surprised me. Maybe it surprised me because it was the first time I had experienced bass in a vehicle I could call my own, but that was 3 years ago so I can't really remember.

Oh yeah, the door speakers were factory, but I had an 89 grand am at the time and I was proud of their clarity.

I have bumped these sony's for 5 hours straight on days, and have done it for about 3 months and they still sound better than when i got them. Mr burner circuit city actually still carries good equipment, they are selling alpine, pioneer, jbl, infinity, audiobahn, alphasonik, in my oppinion sony i have had no problems or dislikes on any of their equipment and have heard alot better stuff so its not that i haven't heard better things i have and still think these sonys are loud.

The laws of bumping responsibly do not apply within the first two weeks of purchase of the system, a third to fourth week may be added under the circumstances that it is the recepients first sub(s) and or sound system.
Bump On!!!!!!!!!(for up to four weeks)
no, when people act like a moron...thats when they get fines...and create laws and fines that keep getting stronger and harsher just b/c people want to impose their music on everyone....it's fine to do when it will not bother anyone else, but when they're just doing it to do it then it's just plain irresponsible

First system was:

JL 15W6

PPI Amps

MB Quart fronts

Eclipse HU

Bought the whole thing off a friend that worked for our local car audio shop. Sold me the stuff cheap (the 15 in a custom box for $100 in perfect condition) because he got serious with some girl and she didn't like the heavy bass. He got *****whipped and I got a slamming system for my new Eagle Talon in '96. Sucka!

She ended up going down state for college acouple years later and broke it off with him //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif

My first system was this:

HeadUnit: A ford factory tape player (1986) that didn't work but you could plug up a walkman and you could barely listen to cd's.

Speakers: 2 factory 5.5" speakers that are made out of cheap paper looking material (probably paper)

Amp: None

dB: probably around 10 dB lol j/k i dunno

don't think anybody can beat that... hmm i think you probably can't even call that a system but hey whos got a rulebook for a system? ...... i don't

1. Clarion deck w/2 knobs model??? (actually my fathers deck)

2. Coustic amp 2x35: after my friend convinced me to get it b/c all the rockwood 1x1000; 2x500; 1x700's, etc kept blowing out and i had to keep returning to the local Flea Market. I said "what???....2x35watts rms??? he said trust me and it didn't blow (it was 1/2 and even 1/3 the size of my Rockwoods, but heavier....confused me until I tried it and figured out what the word 'quality' meant).

3. 2 Kenwood 12" 100watt rivited paper cone woofer floor models on sale for??? but definitely less than 70 bucks each.

4. a ported box from my friend that sounded like crap b/c the ports weren't tuned for my subs. So i TAPED the ports up and made it a sealed box (hahaha)

Boy that was a learning experience. I thought it sounded decent back then (summer 1992), but compared to my future systems, it's pretty much junk, but my first system nonetheless.

Well i don't have a system yet, i don't even really have a car. Im only 15 1/2 and my car is still taken up by my mom's **** in the trunk (she's a traveling nurse), so i can't really get back there yet, but i am buying my components. I am looking at the CDA 7894 or 9813. The I'm set on 2 alpine 1221d type r's in a custom vented box. And because my car can't fit 6x9's in the back I'm gonna put in 2 Either jl tr 5x7's or 2 alpine SPR-574A (5x7 2 way coax type r) And i'll use the internal amp from the cda to power the coax's and push prolly 1 JBL BP600.1 600 watt mono channel amp to the 2 1221d's. And they are going to be wired parallel. But If anyone out there has any suggestions on the sub wiring lemme know. I'm really not looking for loudness with the systems just something that hits hard and sounds good. Lemme know what you all think about it.

My first system was all stock stuff except for a set of pioneer home stereo speaker boxes shoved in the back seat. Sounded like @ss I'm sure, but I loved it then.

I then upgraded to a Sherwood CD player, a pair of 12" MIC's (never seen them again) and a craig amp. I think I had about $80 total in the entire system.

I had a jensen bandbass sub from wal mart and a clarion apx amp. I also had the cheapest made sony explode hu, and it did break!! The amp was awesome. I wish i hadn't sold it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.