your first system

Mine has been an on-going project, however, I haven't replaced anything since the start, just took me a bit to compile everything.

HU - Kenwood Excelon X817

Front and Rear Stage - Infinity Kappa Perfect 5.25" Comps

Interior Amp - Fosgate 800.4

Subs - 2x 12" Infinity Kappa Perfects

Sub Amp - Fosgate 500bd

Other - Optima Yellow Top, 2x 1 Farad Caps, All Stinger Wiring, etc

Its been a good system for me, especially at the prices I paid. However, in the process, I learned a ton and am hoping to put it to use in my next car

My first stystem was just 2 kicker comp 12's and a jensen 600 watt amp. Fried the amp after a few months, got a rockford401 1200 watt, it was too much for the comps, traded them for a pair of Obcon 12's. I doubt very many people have even heard of Obcons, they are pretty **** good subs if you ask me though.

Really old JBL home audio stuff. Even the amp.

Massive 8 track under the dash. That thing was the ****. Still have boxes and boxes full of 8 tracks. Still have the player, too.

Those were the days. And heck, I didn't even live in Iowa, or whatever the biggest hick state is down there.

- Steve

First system eh...almost painfull to remember.lol An old Jensen tape deck, Jensen 400watt amp(could even be less, dont remember), california cross over, some genero $20 EQ, factory chevy citation speaks, and the romps came from a $50 bandpass with 2 12" no name subs out of JC Whittney. From there upgraded to an Optimus amp from Radio Shack.haha Shortly after that went to an all kicker setup running a Clarion deck. First real system that sounded decent.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.....

my first system had an Alpine TDM-7546 & M-Bus 6-disc changer, 6.5" MB Qaurt Components, 12" MTX Blue Thunder in sealed Q-Logic enclosure, and Kenwood KAC-728S for the sub.

My first system was 4 15's in a cutout in a 88 toyota truck. I had 2 punch 75'2 and it sounded awesome . I then went too 2 linear power 8802's and it was freaking awesome. I loved car audio from day one and we had a blast.

My first was Pioneer deh-10 headunit 2 jensen 300watt amps, 2 10" hollywood's (the black ones with green surround) and 2 10" pioneer free air(diamond plate ones). All in an 88 camero.

i had 2 roadmaster 8's with a 300 watt pyle amp and the roadmasters had a little thing that went into the cigarette lighter that made these rings around the speakers light up when they hit or whatever... it sound almost as good as all these stock stereos in the newer cars today..lol!! :thumbsdow

but i just got 1 13w7 with a pg 1200.1 tantrum amp and i am working on a box that will go in a 95 jeep cherokee..... not bad for only being 16 but it has costed me a ton of money so far. cant wait to here my setup ..... o yea and when i get a lil more money save up im gonna get a jl or pg component system. :thumbsup

first system: everything in the sig except the amps and box. Had a Avionixx 800.2 and a single e12a in a 1.5 CF ported enclosure.

Just continuing to upgrade //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It is amazing how nice and expensive some of your first systems were.

Mine is as follows in a 1979 Malibu:

2-RF Punch 12's Isobarik/Bandpass box

1-Profile California 600watt amp.

Factory 4x10's and HU.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.