Need 2 12's with enough bass to make someone piss themselves

marleyskater420
5,000+ posts

Banned
i just signed up to this whole forum thing and so far everything you guys have recommended me have been great.right now my setup is 2 12" kicker l7's in a ported box,not sure specs,powered by a bx1500d and theyre running 2 ohms off it(1000 watts).i need 2 12's that will give me MORE than enough bass.i want to hit at least 140-145 db with these 12's.i mean i want so much bass im gonna crap myself.i want the spl in these subs to be NUTS.i have a 86 jeep cherokee and im getting it dynomated so the rattle is nothing to worry bout and i dont mind taking the back seats(its a 4 door) to accomodate for the subs and the box.so please tell me what subs will do the trick,iv heard re's xxx are good,and the jlw7,and the ed12a(although iv also heard its mostly hype)are all good subs.so just tell me what subs will do the trick and also waht amp to run them.and what kinda box i should use to reach the most spl.

thanks,

-tyler

Those 2 kickers should be pretty da$m loud? But I will suggest what I always do......orion hccas or H2's both get really loud. Try some hcca's in the biggest box you can fit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif tune it to around 35 for daily driving and showing off

to l7s should be pretty **** loud as is... kicker is normally just known for spl..... it could be install........... what i normally do is just search here for spl subwoofers on this forum and you should find a list of all good spl subs..... good luck maybe someone with more knowledge will reply.....

i must have replied to this in another forum, but if you want people to piss themselves, run up to their window and yell something that will strike fear into their hearts while brandishing a weapon. my first reply in the other forum is more creative...or maybe i never posted it.

by the way, you want to hit 145-149 with the new system, what are you hitting with your current one?? dynamat will make it louder and sound better.

why not just get an additional pair of L7's and same amp as now? Else you'll need to rid yourself of some already very loud subs.
I totally agree, i mean ur subs are ones that can get louder than a freakin XXX. Just add 2 more i guess or build a new box and put dynamat and see if u change ur mind

why not just get an additional pair of L7's and same amp as now? Else you'll need to rid yourself of some already very loud subs.
that souns like a good idea.i may just do that,i dunno.i mean i dont mind taking out my middle seats.but id also like to try to keep them if i could.would 2 w7's take up less space in a ported box and add spl?

Money well spent = sound deadening !!!
You've got potent subs, lots of power ... You should be able to hit 145 dB easily with fine tuning, proper sealing, and sound damping material ...

If I can do 141.6 dB on a new Termpro mic with 300 watts and a single 15", I'm sure you can do better than that with a pair of L7s and 1000+ watts ... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i havent gotten mine metered yet so i dont know what they'll hit.and i havent had the money yet to do sound deadening so thatll help.i just will need to get a better box,and tune them better

have you had your current system metered yet? how can you expect more if you don't know what you are capable of now....?

no,i dont know where any db drags are around where i live.and the guy at the shop told me it was only round 115 or something.so im just figuring that.i live near san fran so if anyone near me knows of db drags,tell me please i'd like to know

no,i dont know where any db drags are around where i live.and the guy at the shop told me it was only round 115 or something.so im just figuring that.i live near san fran so if anyone near me knows of db drags,tell me please i'd like to know
You need to slap that guy at the audio shop that told you 115. I can whistle like 123db! Your 12's and amp that you have right now are more then capable of mid 140's-150's. Just a matter of getting everything right //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.