Your advice on my upgrade appreciated

Participant count
  • Participant list

kensterken

CarAudio.com Newbie
Uk
Hi there go easy on me if you could ;) I have had enough of my mk TT Roadster sound so making some upgrades. I have already fitted a new head unit, and yesterday i removed the standard sub which was terrible and added a small sub cabinet and single unit. I don't want earth shattering bass i just want a good punch.
I also decided to upgraded the door speakers which are 6.5 plus separate tweeters, i wanted to stick with that format over coaxials for better separation of sound as tweeters in door sit higher.
I have my list below what i don't know what to choose is the amp do i go for a small bridged or run the fronts and sub off amp? I will list so far what i have.

Head unit Pioneer X580DAB
MVH-X580DAB.jpg

Front door speakers - Alpine S65C
https://www.alpine.co.uk/p/Products/typ ... s37/s-s65c

Rear sub enclosure home made with a single driver - ska 6.5inch sub (not glued and screwed yet i know!)

Amp -? Not sure here
Using the front 2 channels to drive the door and 3/4 bridged for amp?

Alpine BBX-F1200

Any comments welcome here im not offended easily ;) Also looking at adding some sound insulation in doors (Noico 80mil)

Also looking at adding some sound insulation in doors (Noico 80mil)
I've had decent luck with that stuff myself.

Also consider if you can find a 5 channel amp with on board crossovers (or if that Pioneer has good crossover options) you can run 2 channels to mids, 2 channels to tweets, and the mono channel to sub. You would need to run wires up into (the doors?) for the tweeters of course and it may be an amp that has the crossover features you need is more than you want to spend. Otherwise a 4 channel should get you there as you won't need much power to get a 6" subwoofer moving nor should you need much to get some components loud.

Also can anyone help why i have 2 connectors on the rear of my sub i am running my 4channel amp 3channel (3/4 bridged) do i connect this to one side or both or doesn't it matter? Is it for chaining?
Thanks

Ok done some reading for anyone interested in the answer, my AMP documentation says this for Bridge mode so seeing as it has dual 4ohm voice coils i wire them as below. So i am in effect applying a 2ohm load onto the bridged circuit with my sub coils wired in parallel.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.