4 subwoofers in 2 boxes in the trunk of my dodge charger

Do you have approximately 50" of width in that trunk?

There is no 'best' position, every vehicle, install and desired effect is different. But yes, rear facing is very common.

in a Charger? How big is that trunk?.. or specifically the trunk opening.

I've seen 2 15 in a modern Charger done but it was a involved build.

I've never seen multiple subwoofers with the same tuning in different boxes aligned length-wise before. It seems like you're going to get cancellation problems. The wavelength of bass notes are 10s of feet long, so you're never going to get purely constructive waves without them being aligned symmetrically side by side. Slightly angled would be better than one in front of the other at least, but 4 12's that don't fit are worse than 2 higher quality higher excursion subs that do.

I've never seen multiple subwoofers with the same tuning in different boxes aligned length-wise before. It seems like you're going to get cancellation problems. The wavelength of bass notes are 10s of feet long, so you're never going to get purely constructive waves without them being aligned symmetrically side by side. Slightly angled would be better than one in front of the other at least, but 4 12's that don't fit are worse than 2 higher quality higher excursion subs that do.
That's what I'm worried about cancelation problems but I could face one of the boxes with the subwoofers pointing up that are closest to the rear but I have to face the second box towards the rear or forward because the space it is in is to small to face upwards

That's what I'm worried about cancelation problems but I could face one of the boxes with the subwoofers pointing up that are closest to the rear but I have to face the second box towards the rear or forward because the space it is in is to small to face upwards
Unless you definitely have to have 4 subs, I would recommend going with two (2). As previously observed, seems like the four (4) will create problems if you don't have the space to align them side by side.
Good luck.

If you start placing subs at various locations and angles, the chances of coupling the outputs correctly is almost nil. A simple install with good fundamentals will almost always beat a complex install of trying to cram too many speakers into an incompatible space.

I bought 4 12s in 2 separate boxes I'm thinking about positioning them all facing the rear of the car. What does everyone think is facing the 2 seperate subwoofer enclosures towards rear the best way to face them
You already posted this and were told that you didn't have enough space to run 4 in your trunk. I guess fishing for a second opinion isn't going any better for you, but you seem insistent so just go ahead and stuff everything in there and call it good. So long as you never sit in any vehicle that's actually done right and loud I'm sure you'll be happy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.