Yellow Top Battery?

LOCALZNYC

NYC
I have 2 12'' L7's and a 1500 RMS Soundstream mono amp. My capacitor reads a voltage of 13.4-13.6v when my bass is low. When I put my bass up, I saw the voltage drop to around 10.6 volts. I have HID lights and my left light has already given out on me for a few minutes and constantly dims hard and blinks. Is it time for me to get a deep cycle battery? Also, I saw that the yellow tops are only 12volts, which is less than my 14 volt battery... wouldnt this prevent my amp from putting out more power if the deep cycle is only 12 volts? What should i do?

I have 2 12'' L7's and a 1500 RMS Soundstream mono amp. My capacitor reads a voltage of 13.4-13.6v when my bass is low. When I put my bass up, I saw the voltage drop to around 10.6 volts. I have HID lights and my left light has already given out on me for a few minutes and constantly dims hard and blinks. Is it time for me to get a deep cycle battery? Also, I saw that the yellow tops are only 12volts, which is less than my 14 volt battery... wouldnt this prevent my amp from putting out more power if the deep cycle is only 12 volts? What should i do?

picard-headesk.jpg

i dont know anything about installing.
You could have fooled me....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Read about what the BIG 3 consists of, go have the BIG 3 done, and get a new Optima Yellowtop put in under your hood, that amp isn't that powerful, so you should be fine with that.

I was somewhat wondering the same thing... but more so i was wondering, where am I going to put an additional battery in my car... because im assuming 3 amps is going to cause me to need an additional battery... lol

you guys are mean, if you are going to post at least give him useful advice......

get a capacitor, the biggest one you can find, the more farads the better and dont worry about upgrading any wires only noobs that dont know anything about audio do that

I was somewhat wondering the same thing... but more so i was wondering, where am I going to put an additional battery in my car... because im assuming 3 amps is going to cause me to need an additional battery... lol
Or two. Put your extra batteries in the back near your amp/amps.

Yellow top will help big time especially with the big 3... All batteries are 12v with car running there 14v... Your running a wetcell up front and a cap in back? Yellow top and big 3 definatly own it... no need for cap either..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.