Yeah, so the CD-UB100 was a major let down......

google123
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
texas
I love my Pioneer P7800MP but the missing USB is a major let down. After I added the CD-UB100 USB adapter, I realized that getting it for even just 30 bucks was paying too much for it. How can Pioneer release such a shitty product. I mean, the P7800 is great and the CD-UB100 adapter is ****. Period. So, I'm probably gonna get a new HU. My pops has a Kenwood X492 in his Tundra and I like it. I like that I can plug in my BlackBerry Curve and it quickly scans the MicroSD card in it and begins playing my music within about 6 seconds even with a ton on music on it. I like how if I disconnect the Curve and then connect it back at a later time, it resumes at the exact spot it left off. I like that it displays the Artist Name and Track Title on the display. I just wished it had a little bit better equalizer adjustments like my Pioneer.

I notice new Pioneer units have USB built-in but is the USB functionality on the Pioneers as good as the Kenwoods???? If, so then getting a Pioneer would be easy as just remove old unit and plug in new one to the harness already there. I like the DEH-P700BT. Any one have one of these units? What do you think of it.

So, I guess looking for a new HU, I would like one with USB input that is fast, Bluetooth is not required but it would be nice. I would like a HU that has just one control knob as opposed to dual control knobs like some of the Kenwood models.

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993 i think is what i wanna get. If anyone has one please feel free to give me a review on it. Thanks.

what dont you like about the usb interface? i've got one and it works great, dosn't ,miss a beat
I keep a 16GB MicroSD card on my phone with all my music on it. On the Kenwood units, the stereo recognizes the music right away no matter the file structure, whether the music is stored on the root of the drive or embedded several folders deep. On the CD-UB100, it wont even find my music when I have it stored just at the root of the MicroSD card much less if I organize it within several different folders.... Also, I don't like that despite the kickass display on my 7800MP, when I connect a flash drive to the CD-UB100 adapter, it only shows 8 characters of whatever is playing and doesn't even scroll. The CD-UB100 just feels like an unfinished product. The problem may be the older headunit that I'm using it with though, but still, its rather dissappointing. I have pretty much decided that I'm gonna replace it with a Kenwood unit. Just still haven't decided if Im gonna replace it with a lower end unit like the Excelon X493 or something maybe a lil higher up. I would like something with a decent equalizer on it cause I really like the adjustability of the eq on the Pioneer 7800MP.

One more thing, is the wire harness connection on the back of the headunits where the speaker and power wire harness plugs in standardized across manufacturers? Reason, I ask is because looking at pics of Pioneer HUs and Kenwood HUs on sonicelectronix, the 16-pin port appears to be the same.

I keep a 16GB MicroSD card on my phone with all my music on it. On the Kenwood units, the stereo recognizes the music right away no matter the file structure, whether the music is stored on the root of the drive or embedded several folders deep. On the CD-UB100, it wont even find my music when I have it stored just at the root of the MicroSD card much less if I organize it within several different folders.... Also, I don't like that despite the kickass display on my 7800MP, when I connect a flash drive to the CD-UB100 adapter, it only shows 8 characters of whatever is playing and doesn't even scroll. The CD-UB100 just feels like an unfinished product. The problem may be the older headunit that I'm using it with though, but still, its rather dissappointing. I have pretty much decided that I'm gonna replace it with a Kenwood unit. Just still haven't decided if Im gonna replace it with a lower end unit like the Excelon X493 or something maybe a lil higher up. I would like something with a decent equalizer on it cause I really like the adjustability of the eq on the Pioneer 7800MP.

One more thing, is the wire harness connection on the back of the headunits where the speaker and power wire harness plugs in standardized across manufacturers? Reason, I ask is because looking at pics of Pioneer HUs and Kenwood HUs on sonicelectronix, the 16-pin port appears to be the same.
I had the same issue with an 800prs and 880prs it's not just the older HU.

No the harnesses may look the same but they are not.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.