xovers on chevys and installing new door speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

cdr
10+ year member

AZ
Have a '99 Chevy C/K 2500 Truck 6.5 in door speaker components stock 4x6 rear pillars stock

tomorrow I am going down to the wholesaler to pick up a head unit for my brother and I figured why not treat myself to a set of new door speakers I can live with my stocks any more

I havent decided upon a coax or component set yet but what I am curious about is getting at the xover that is in there stock dont they put them in the front doors of these chevys?

So will it be a pain to get at this crossover as if I run a set of coaxs I want a full signal line going to them and if I run a set of components I want to use my own crossovers?

any ideas?

and would the general reccomendation be towards components over coaxs or the other way around, price is no matter as I get good ones //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

thanks

stock xovers eh never knew of that b4 heh, but through it out and if u go with coax jus str8 to the deck and if comps use the comp x-overs

well I ended up buying a set of cadence zx-651's a coax 6.5 with a swiveling tweater not a very well heard of brand but they make some nice stuff

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.