Would this design actually work?

Modify the trunk hinges?
That was another option I had considered. They do make aftermarket hinges that can correct the problem also I had thought about even replacin with gas struts. I don't believe I will have a problem building a box that will fit in. Currently they are already installed in the car in a sealed enclosure and they are loud. I just wanted to go ported though.

Couple things might be able to do:

remove springs/hinges....trunk lids are heavy as fug with no assist, just be aware of that

make "T" shaped box with bigger front so subs/port will fit

I run 2 15's in the daily, hella work to make it fit but well worth the effort....

Long story short, I built something similar well over a decade ago and it failed miserably. ... but it only took one baffle to turn it into a simple ported enclosure that hit hard....... allong my travels, I found that the general principal will work, but it takes a whole lot of calculating to get it to work, or sheer dumb luck. .... not something I suggest taking on just for fitment issues. There are other options. I'm a fan of glassed into the rear sides, but, if you already fit 2 rear-firing, then perhaps, look at fitting the orts above or below...... or even bandpass, ported through the rear deck.

Yep you guys pretty much hit the ideas I was figuring on doin. Most likely design I will be trying is port over or under the subs on the baffle. Next is v the baffle to open up room for more port area and final idea was t shaped box with front baffle opening wider as it clears the wheel wells and trunk hinges, this section of the trunk opens up to 51 inches wide. I figured it will work one way or another. If all else fails build a proper sealed enclosure as for the one I have currently is too small but even with being small still has great sq and hit's very hard as is. Thanks for the insight on the box design in the original post everyone. I didn't make it nor think it would really work. I just came across it on the Web and wanted to confirm my thoughts it was not a very good design.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.