would this be a good setup?

Participant count
  • Participant list

SuckMikeHawk23
10+ year member

#1 Laker Hater
ok, i have major plans for the summer as far as my system goes. i'm definetly going to add a third sub, get components for the front, get a cap, optima red top battery, and throw all that into a customized trunk along with the amps that im running right now(except the components of course) . what im going to need tho is a new amp. my plans as of now is to get a fosgate 360.2 to run this third he2 i'm gonna be getting. question is whether i should get this 360.2 or if i should get a bd1500.1 and run the subs at a 2.667 ohm load? i would prefer my first method, but if u can convince me to do something else, i'll take it into major consideration. second question, as of now, i am already running 2 amps (as you can see in my profile), and my headunit only has 2 sets of rcas. i heard about a y-adapter or something like that, how much does one of these run and what are the disadvantages? would this be my best choice if i was to add a third amp? what about wire gauge? im running 4 awg to my fosgate and 8 awg to my alpine right now.

i would use pioneer for the highs and mids. they make some nice speakers now for the doors and trunk. if you have 6 1/2s in the doors check out the pioneer 1667s and for the 6x9s no comparison go for the 6999. those hit real nice with the right amp hooked up you will be banging.

the "Y" adapter is simply that, it combines two outputs (or inputs) into one. the one u need (or would need) is two males into one female. they cost anywhere from $2 to $5 depending on their quality. i don't think they would affect your sound enuff to hear.

i think i'd do the bd1500.1. not for sure if it would be a power increase, but would be simpler! what about the mtx 81000d? i think it'll do 2 ohm and puts out alot of power for the money! just a suggestion, not for sure if it's the right way to go, but i've heard 8 stroker 18's pushed by one, and it did a helluva job!!

i think im gonna stay away from the pioneer highs and mids, not saying they're bad and all, but i dont think they can even be put in the same class as mb quartz.

mrray, i was actually thinking about that amp, its a darn nice looking amp, and i know mtx is a reputable company. know where i can get one cheap tho? cheapest i found it was on ebay.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.