RF Amp down to 2.6 ohms ???

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrmagoo_83
10+ year member

Ok I was wondering about wiring three HE subs together to a Fosgate 125.2. Parallel that brings the impedence down to 2.66667 ohms, (correct??). I know these amps say only bring them down to 4 ohms. So how bad would it kill the amp to run it down to 2.6??

it is rated @ 4 ohms mono. But I have read they can go down to lower as long as good air space, I had it down to 2 for a while with my old subs. I was thinking of wiring 3 8 ohm subs in parallel. Or 4 MTX 6000 12 ohms, but no one will give me their opinion s on which is better so I dont know what I am gonna do now.

if i were you i would dont the mtx 6000 12ohms. I m puttin 3 in a sealed box and you should be using a different amp anyways. that much power wont push one sub to its full potential. Even those he are 400watts each if im correct. I would recomend more power first off and its much better to get different ohm subs to get the stability worked out right or you could end up wrecking a lot of stuff.

later

This amp is the old amp from like '98 or '97, it puts out 440 Watts Bridged at 4 ohms. Thats not enough power? It was either go with 3 or 4 MTX 6000 12 0hmers, or two or three Fosgate HE 8 ohmers. But the three fosgates would bring me down to 2.66 ohms. The Three MTXs would bring me down to 4 ohms, and the four MTXs would bring me down to 3 ohms, so then it should put out a little more than 440 Watts, but might get to hot, but it will be in an open area so it should have enough air to stay cool.

maybe you can go wit two hes wired together for a soild 2ohms i had 3 mtx 6000s and my two rf hex2s 12s in a small sealed box kicked there azz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.