Would like to know I'm on the right track

fatalphenom

MI
To start, I'd like to preface this with clearing up my decision for the amplifier. In the past I've had 1000w Hifonics Brutus that I've hit 148db on two 12" Pioneer Premiers, and a 1600w Brutus on 2 12" Eclipse subs and hit 150.1db. 5 years later without any type of system here is what I'm planning for my 2000 Olds Bravada:

3200w Hifonics Zeus

2, 12" subs (have been looking at Incriminator and Sundown but want 1000w-1500w rms each)

6.5" Soundstream components, front and rear on 360w 4-channel

My concern stems from what I read about high power systems. Regardless of current brand choice I'd like to have ability to run a 3500w system so that when I upgrade I can just 'plug and play'. My plans so far include:

big 3 wire upgrade

HO alternator

fused distro blocks where appropriate

additional battery (if called for)

I've read through many, many articles and forums about 2nd batteries and HO alternators. So far I've found that others with wattage close to 2000-3000w only do the big 3 and add a HO alternator, and skip the second battery. I suppose I just don't know what to follow, maybe I've read too much into this lol.

It was metered at a shop. That was over 5 years ago. Your comments aren't contributory, so thanks.

My question is for the amount of power I want to be able to run, what can anyone suggest after big 3 and HO alt?

It was metered at a shop. That was over 5 years ago. Your comments aren't contributory, so thanks.
Well its just hard to beleive ..ppl fight to acheieve 150 its a huge milestone ...adding countess amounts of power batteries and wire ho alts ..rebuild rebuild rebuild and still fail ...we r just calling ******** ..unless its one of those 1990 meters thats like 10dbs off from a termlab

Okay thank you for your answer. Those two setups were over 5 years ago but I do know that the box the pair of Eclipses were in, were built specifically for them. I understand you guys calling ********, I'm sure many others join then make extravagant claims in their first posts. To me, car audio is mostly preference to a certain point and I've never done to impress anyone but myself. With that said, this time around I would like to go as far as I can without having to dedicate an entire vehicle to a build....yet, lol.

My question is for the amount of power I want to be able to run, what can anyone suggest after big 3 and HO alt?
It just had to be put out there so new people joining the site wont get misinformed on how easy it would be to hit 150s. Eclipse subs are SQ oriented and your metering that high on SQ subs with budget amp on a weak current? It just doesn't have a slight bit of legitimacy feel to it. Metering at shops means they just sugar coat things to make you feel good, leaving you on a happy note in hopes of you returning to them for more products or services.

as for your setup, do not go with that hifonics zues Does not do close to rated at all even on 14.4 volts. Only good hifonics is a brutus or colossus. If you want a 3k amp. Look into soundqubed 3500.1, crescendo bc 3500.1, sundown 3500.1, ct sounds at 2500, vfl 150.1, hell, even audiopipe 3.5k is better then the hifonics zues 3.2k(more like barely 2k)

I agree with you on the 'metering at shops' sugar coating; I really don't know the process of measuring and how they would do it. What I can say is that I never spent a dime at that shop so I don't believe they'd sugarcoat but just the opposite; claim system is lower that way they could talk me into having them build me a system (which didnt happen anyway).

With my previous experience with the Brutus line, I have no idea why I ordered the Zeus, I thought I did enough research but the more I find, the more I am disappointed in my choice without ever installing it. I know I was just a little excited to start getting back into this habit. I'd hate to send it back but hey, if it isnt going to do what I want then I dont want to sit on wasted money only to drop 700+ on what I DO want down the road. If I'm going through the trouble to upgrade big 3, 2 batteries, and a HO alt, then I want to install the correct equipment. Looks like I talked myself into returning the Zeus within a few sentences, lmao.

It just had to be put out there so new people joining the site wont get misinformed on how easy it would be to hit 150s. Eclipse subs are SQ oriented and your metering that high on SQ subs with budget amp on a weak current? It just doesn't have a slight bit of legitimacy feel to it. Metering at shops means they just sugar coat things to make you feel good, leaving you on a happy note in hopes of you returning to them for more products or services.3.2k(more like barely 2k)
Its not as difficult to hit 150 as many ppl make it out to be. In the right vehicle with the right subs upgraded batt custom box and about 3k in power and it can be done. But too many time ppl cut corners or dont want to spend the money to get the right gear.

Its not as difficult to hit 150 as many ppl make it out to be. In the right vehicle with the right subs upgraded batt custom box and about 3k in power and it can be done. But too many time ppl cut corners or dont want to spend the money to get the right gear.
of course if they have the things you listed, it'll be a lot more believable to do a 150, but OP said his electrical was basically stock with a cheapy budget amp and sound quality oriented subs and claimed a 150.

It was a statement not a claim. If I wanted to try and lie to impress I wouldn't be posting on this forum. It was a reference to my experience with car audio, that's it.

Well its just hard to beleive ..ppl fight to acheieve 150 its a huge milestone ...adding countess amounts of power batteries and wire ho alts ..rebuild rebuild rebuild and still fail ...we r just calling ******** ..unless its one of those 1990 meters thats like 10dbs off from a termlab
x2, Ok enough of this. PIC OF THIS 150 DB OR BS!!!!!! :p

It was a statement not a claim. If I wanted to try and lie to impress I wouldn't be posting on this forum. It was a reference to my experience with car audio, that's it.
LOL not that some people would do that on THIS forum or any other audio forum for that matter lololol :p Just saying, do not believe everything you hear on any forum!

of course if they have the things you listed, it'll be a lot more believable to do a 150, but OP said his electrical was basically stock with a cheapy budget amp and sound quality oriented subs and claimed a 150.
back in them days it was a mic and not a solid state sensor like is used these days and it was a lot easier to hit those types of numbers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.