Would like to know I'm on the right track

I'm 27 now and that setup was when I was 20 lol. And CrossoverOre, it was a mic and a box they used. Anyway back to original question; I've been doing a lot of research and decided that with the 3200w Zeus only doing 2000w rms, I'm going to start with Big 3 and AGM batteries then go from there.

I would do big 3 H.O. alt and agm under the hood. Shouldnt need a second batt unless you are thinking about doing bass race or something that would require more reserves of power.

if you have the money for it, go straight for the high output alt. The batteries is just either a bandage solution or supplemental backup power. Batteries only store and release power, they can't make power.

if you have the money for it, go straight for the high output alt. The batteries is just either a bandage solution or supplemental backup power. Batteries only store and release power, they can't make power.
Okay thank you guys. I was going to start with Big 3, AGM under the hood and Kinetik in the back, but if I will end up needing a HO alt anyway I'll start with that first since its the higher cost. I asked in a different thread about HO alts and one response was that they aren't meant for daily driving. I understand this, although my ride wont be the typical 'daily driver'. That concerned me a little because there was no clear distinction between my ride with a high power stereo versus a complete stock vehicle. I was also reading the sticky about HO alts and seen the pic of the guy's Chrysler 300 and I'd like to avoid that, lol. The one I was looking into is a Powermaster from SummitRacing at 200A. As long as I fuse the alt to battery power I should be fine, correct?

Edit: Read to the end of the Alternator thread; I found my answers.

Do not understand why everyone wants a spare battery. Power comes from alt with vehicle running. Buy a good battery under the hood and that's it unless you listen with key off.like competing.

an extra batt will help with buffering power output that the alt can't provide, but at a lower voltage. It helps greatly with protecting the alt from burning up tring to put out amperage it cannot produce safely. But when certain amount of power you want to draw is reached, you WILL need a HO alt. Extra batts wont cut it anymore.

Do not understand why everyone wants a spare battery. Power comes from alt with vehicle running. Buy a good battery under the hood and that's it unless you listen with key off.like competing.
an extra batt will help with buffering power output that the alt can't provide' date=' but at a lower voltage. It helps greatly with protecting the alt from burning up tring to put out amperage it cannot produce safely. But when certain amount of power you want to draw is reached, you WILL need a HO alt. Extra batts wont cut it anymore.[/quote']
These are the reasons why I asked along with what everyone else had to say. I decided to go with an alt and go from there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.