Amp goes into protection mode when i hook speakers up. Please help driving me crazy

Nasgotti

Vermont
OK so I had a little 400 watt crappy duel amp hooked up to 2 10 inch mtxs but then i bought a 12 inch kicker comp and a Audiobahn A8000t its a 1600 watt mono maxx amp. Ok now here is the issue i have all the wiring done right in my bmw and it was running my old amp and subs now when i hook up the audiobahn amp the amp turns on and its fine but as soon as i hook the speakers up it goes into protection mode and its driving me crazy can someone please help. I live in vermont and there isnt crap for shops around here so i have to figure this out myself im very good with directions and stuff i would be very grateful

too low of an ohm load for the amp. check the final load at the amp with a meter and see what you get. How many speakers are you connecting to the amp? What specific models of subs?

Yes when i hook the subs to the amp it goes to protection mode slobalt. CrossoverOre I will go out to my car now and take sub out and open box to see Im only connecting one a sub to the amp its a mono amp the subs a kicker 12 inch but model number ill go check now brb thanks for helping guys

I would agree with CrossoverOre. Also make sure your positive and negative speaker wires are not somehow getting crossed. Some amps have a Protection circuit in them that detects when a short occurs in the speakers. The preamp section is likely ok if it doesn't go into protect with the RCA's only. Certainly check your OHM load going to the amp like Crossover said.

ok im going to take speaker out of box now and take pictures for you and then let me know how i should re wire it ill take picture of my amp also. i just didnt understand why it works on my small amp but now the bigger amp

should i rewire it to 4 ohm take one positive and one negative together then wire the other pos and neg to amp?

edit

edit

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

i cant figure out how to get apicture on here here is the link of the picture https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzP0Q7oCkSOhOHFOS0paNkprQ2M/edit?usp=sharing

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

thanks let me know how i should wire
Wire it to 4ohms right now u have it wired at 1 ohm and the amp isnt 1ohm stable so its going into protect

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.