would like some help with this :)

Participant count
  • Participant list

mjbarr3

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello , I hit on this site by accident and glad I did.
I am an older guy , so I might not understand some of the terminology going on here so bear with me Please.
I just purchased a new truck, and one of the first things I wanted to do was change the HU. I decided on a Kenwood DMX 760s because I've had good luck with that brand. I'm not totally new to car audio, but i'ts been a while since I've installed one , so I need some help.
My truck has a factory BU camera and on the '19s they changed to a 40 pin connector for the camera power and ground and signal. I've searched and no one makes a harness that works with that except Metra , its a 40 pin harness for a car but the pins don't exactly match. I have narrowed down the 4 camera wires from the factory harness and their position in the connector, but I don't know how to repin a connector and then where to connect the other end of the repined harness . I hope someone will help or can point me to another post.
O Yea, I also have a IData Maestro SW i need to add to the harness. Thanks

Hello , I hit on this site by accident and glad I did.
I am an older guy , so I might not understand some of the terminology going on here so bear with me Please.
I just purchased a new truck, and one of the first things I wanted to do was change the HU. I decided on a Kenwood DMX 760s because I've had good luck with that brand. I'm not totally new to car audio, but i'ts been a while since I've installed one , so I need some help.
My truck has a factory BU camera and on the '19s they changed to a 40 pin connector for the camera power and ground and signal. I've searched and no one makes a harness that works with that except Metra , its a 40 pin harness for a car but the pins don't exactly match. I have narrowed down the 4 camera wires from the factory harness and their position in the connector, but I don't know how to repin a connector and then where to connect the other end of the repined harness . I hope someone will help or can point me to another post.
O Yea, I also have a IData Maestro SW i need to add to the harness. Thanks

Unfortunately with vehicle-specific problems it's best to wait for someone on Youtube or a forum to make a post specifically for your new truck and all the problems they've had during the upgrade. I for example get a lot of specific good information about my car from driveaccord.net With my car there's a TON of hidden issues when upgrading to an aftermarket head unit, so much that it's not possible without permanently modifying the car or losing the high quality backup camera. Someone from driveaccord.net figured out the exact harness wiring and exactly what needs to connect to what, but in the end you have to modify the old head unit to get the camera to look correct then shove it behind the dash. Hopefully your truck is easier to modify. If it's a common ford/dodge truck there's probably already 10 thousand people online complaining about it unless it's easy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.