Would adding steel weights to a box to deter theives effects a subwoofers performance

To my defense, I have 3 vehicles and yet no family under me, this will be one of my joy rides and not daily drivers. I'm worried about it because it will be parked at long periods of time here and there! The daily driver is a honda accord coupe and the mercedes I'm doing a conversion were a 5.0L engine from a mustang will be going in it!
I was assuming he meant the 'cedes because of the way its worded :/ I could be wrong, but a 5.0 from a 'stang in an SUV? :/

No I was right the first time, a 5.0 into the mercedes, and the explanation....well it's going into a 300ce with a plain 3.0L straight 6 that has a bad tranny and either has a cracked head or head gasket is bad, I don't know if any of you know what its like to check your coolant and see nothing but oil.... and then hearing about the cost on mercedes parts and repairs...........atleast with a ford engine and a power band I'll like I can work on the engine myself, and add to it performance wise while still keeping money in my pocket!

No I was right the first time, a 5.0 into the mercedes, and the explanation....well it's going into a 300ce with a plain 3.0L straight 6 that has a bad tranny and either has a cracked head or head gasket is bad, I don't know if any of you know what its like to check your coolant and see nothing but oil.... and then hearing about the cost on mercedes parts and repairs...........atleast with a ford engine and a power band I'll like I can work on the engine myself, and add to it performance wise while still keeping money in my pocket!

May not want to build up the 5.0 too much unless you swap the rear end. Don't know if it would handle the 5.0 stock on full tilt from a launch? Hopefully they used the same rear in another model with a v8. Doubtful with mercedes though. They usually are cheap as **** and just use the minimum needed to get by. But not a big deal you can build her up to handle that 5.0.

Good luck.

I cant answer your question, but could I ask what you drive? Aren't you concerned about the gas mileage/performance from the extra extra weight? (yes yes, car audio equipment is heavy, but still)
edit: typo
how much do you honestly expect 70 lbs to affect gas milage on an suv?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.