Worst car you've installed on?

97 taurus. the **** h/u was a pain, i gotta run them wires to the trunk. i hated it
you have to be kiding...

i think the hardest part of that install is takeing the time to switch all the controls and wat not over to the new dash kit...

i can get one of those done in under an hour..

piece of cake!!!

And pretty much any car where the owner hasn't vacuumed the car since it was built!
that sht drove me nuts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

ford taurus... i hate the dash because you have to keep the factory HU
They make kits for them; I installed one and it wasn't much work at all.
I think that there was a kit for the car with manual controls but none for the digital....

1996 Buick Century.

The battery is mounted sideways and the terminals are underneath a few different unmovable metal pieces, and there are cables crammed in from all directions. There isn't enough room for a ratchet OR a properly sized wrench, so the only thing I could use was a tiny adjustable wrench. There was so little room to move it that I resorted to turning it about 1\8th of a turn at a time. Removing the battery terminals is by far the worst part of the install and took the longest of all the steps.

The front dash speakers are also terrible. The 4x6s are mounted so close to the window that there is only 2 or 2 1\2 inches of vertical space to move the ratchet. Once you get the screws half way out you have to just hold the bit and turn it by hand because the entire ratchet won't fit.

Also, the floor panels along the door ways are held in by 1 or 2 screws that are touching the sides of the seats. Which means you have to completely remove the driver seat to get to a single screw just to run wire under a foot of trim. The same has to be done for the passenger side.

Electrically its pretty straight forward but the car was definitely not designed with convenience in mind for anyone doing any of their own work.

H2's aren't fun either //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

You have to pretty much pull the console out to get in to the HU.

Then try a Clarion double din. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

97 taurus. the **** h/u was a pain, i gotta run them wires to the trunk. i hated it
Same with the mid 90's Sunfire's. The harness is about 15' long because you must keep the factory radio wired in order for the airbags to deploy correctly. If you take the HU out the airbags "might not deploy."

But that wasn't the worst. The worst was a friend of mine's Olds Cutlas. Getting the dash apart was a pain in the arse, but the worst part was the condition of his vehicle. While laying on the carpet and then sitting up I managed to have two partial candy bars stick to my shirt. It was the dirtyest car I've ever been in. It made me sick to my stomach. :dryheave:

Scion tC...

Wasn't really HARD, but it sure was tedious...and the freakin door speakers were one piece and riveted on to the door, which was retarded..

Ford Focus SVT European edition

Firewall was a ***** to get wire through because of course the car was a stickshift, door panels were a ***** to take off, speaker covers were held in by 9 screws and 8 clips which were just out of reach unless you took off the whole rear side panel, and i didn't have the ford head unit removal tool and we used clothes hangers and after 6 hours of pain and suffering one of the clothes hangars broke in the head unit and it took an hour and a half to get the little piece of metal out of the head unit...

Around a 9 hour install to replace door speakers and put one ten inch sub on 240 watts in the trunk... at least it was a hatchback and sounded good

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.