Wooferetc. Scam Plus Image Dynamics Scam Cooperation

We then offered to have it picked up at our expense and refund him, and he also refused this offer. He continued to yell, scream, and use profanity with us, hanging up on our phone conversations multiple times.
Really Julian? I would have rather spent almost $40 of my own money to send it back for no reason at all? The reason was because you guys gave me the run around all day with a different set of options every time I talk to you. You made me feel very unsafe, so I had every right to choose (1) safety of Paypal and spend $40 to send it back, over (2) trusting you to refund me. Clearly, from what you guys did I had good reason not to trust you.

The customer filed a Paypal claim, and shipped the woofer back at his own expense. When the package landed here we determined that the woofer was not one from our inventory.
The woofer was the exact woofer you sent me. Just as my footage shows.

Paypal sided with us, based on their investigtion, and did not issue a refund to the customer.
Wrong again. I received a refund, and then they took at back almost 2 weeks later.

Even though the woofer was not ours and we knew this, in an attempt to diffuse the situation we offered to have Image Dynamics bill us and ship him a new woofer, to which he, being unrealistic and unreasonable once again, replied that he is not concerned about the funds, but wanted criminal prosecution.
Yep. So I tried to defraud you (according to you) so now you want to send me another woofer when you claim I still have the first one? That makes a lot of sense now doesn't it. It sounds to me like you are trying to cover your 100 mistakes in this case and trying to make it look like you guys offer any sort of customer service. Too late.

Why did I refuse to accept another new woofer yesterday? Because that would mean I essentially paid $290 for a woofer that only cost me $250 in the first place. I was advised to not accept any settlement, and when you are prosecuted you will most likely have to pay restitution. Sounds good to me.

He claims that he video taped the product being sent back, and that alone is very questionable behavior.
As I told the last person I spoke with there, that flipped out calling me names, I no longer trusted you. It sure is paying off too.

WoofersEtc takes these situations very seriously, and typically these are matters in which we get the authorities involved. If this customer feels as though he still needs to seek prosecution like he mentioned several times previously, he is more than welcome to, as he has every right to do so.

It's already being taken care of. I gave you a chance yesterday to pay back what you stole, but you didn't.

Our offer still stands to have Image Dynamics replace the woofer, just out of good faith and customer service, regardless of the fact that the woofer he sent us was not purchased from our establishment.
Full blown lie.

As I stated before, why would any company offer to send another woofer to someone who supposedly defrauded them? They know I have them by the nuts with my video, and now with the messages they sent me offering a resolution.

People on the internet don't always think rationally, but most judges do.

Really Julian? I would have rather spent almost $40 of my own money to send it back for no reason at all? The reason was because you guys gave me the run around all day with a different set of options every time I talk to you. You made me feel very unsafe, so I had every right to choose (1) safety of Paypal and spend $40 to send it back, over (2) trusting you to refund me. Clearly, from what you guys did I had good reason not to trust you.

The woofer was the exact woofer you sent me. Just as my footage shows.

Wrong again. I received a refund, and then they took at back almost 2 weeks later.

Yep. So I tried to defraud you (according to you) so now you want to send me another woofer when you claim I still have the first one? That makes a lot of sense now doesn't it. It sounds to me like you are trying to cover your 100 mistakes in this case and trying to make it look like you guys offer any sort of customer service. Too late.

Why did I refuse to accept another new woofer yesterday? Because that would mean I essentially paid $290 for a woofer that only cost me $250 in the first place. I was advised to not accept any settlement, and when you are prosecuted you will most likely have to pay restitution. Sounds good to me.

As I told the last person I spoke with there, that flipped out calling me names, I no longer trusted you. It sure is paying off too.

It's already being taken care of. I gave you a chance yesterday to pay back what you stole, but you didn't.

Full blown lie.

As I stated before, why would any company offer to send another woofer to someone who supposedly defrauded them? They know I have them by the nuts with my video, and now with the messages they sent me offering a resolution.

People on the internet don't always think rationally, but most judges do.
there are plenty of valid explanation for either side still.. Maybe this company is willing to go through all these lengths and still refund because a. they are innocent, and b. a single subwoofer claim is not worth this much publicity and attentention

I dont know what to think anymore. My original question still stands of how did ID screw u? Yiu say they knowingly committed mail fraud and are dragging their name through the mud. Maybe they should sue u for defamation of character.

there are plenty of valid explanation for either side still.. Maybe this company is willing to go through all these lengths and still refund because a. they are innocent, and b. a single subwoofer claim is not worth this much publicity and attentention
You are so biased guy. I am not sure why but it's clear.

I never even planned to make a thread about my bad experience with them. This was all done and over with weeks ago. Then I woke up yesterday morning to that email from Paypal stating an appeal had been filed and they were taking my money back.

Look at the timelines. Look at all the dates on the information I posted.

According to your train of thought, I would rather spend my own money to ship an item back.....just because.....and I made all this up even though I posted all of the information proving the timelines. According to your train of thought, companies offer resolutions to customers after the customer supposedly tries to defraud them. Sure guy.

I dont know what to think anymore. My original question still stands of how did ID screw u? Yiu say they knowingly committed mail fraud and are dragging their name through the mud. Maybe they should sue u for defamation of character.
Well, if you knew the meaning of valid defamation, you might think otherwise.

The proof of ID's involvement will eventually be in my hands. Paypal states it's there and the subpoena will soon be in motion.

You are so biased guy. I am not sure why but it's clear.
I never even planned to make a thread about my bad experience with them. This was all done and over with weeks ago. Then I woke up yesterday morning to that email from Paypal stating an appeal had been filed and they were taking my money back.

Look at the timelines. Look at all the dates on the information I posted.

According to your train of thought, I would rather spend my own money to ship an item back.....just because.....and I made all this up even though I posted all of the information proving the timelines. According to your train of thought, companies offer resolutions to customers after the customer supposedly tries to defraud them. Sure guy.
Dont be in my mind, I'M AN BIASED, IRRATIONAL man out to get you!!

one of my other hypothetical explanations is that you or your "friend" had another id sub which was beat to hell.. then sent it back as the one which came in " b stock " condtion

Well, if you knew the meaning of valid defamation, you might think otherwise.
The proof of ID's involvement will eventually be in my hands. Paypal states it's there and the subpoena will soon be in motion.
I think hes pretty clear mr. oh so educated individual

Defamation—also called calumny, vilification, traducement, slander (for transitory statements), and libel (for written, broadcast, or otherwise published words)—is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government, religion, or nation a negative or inferior image. This can be also any disparaging statement made by one person about another, which is communicated or published, whether true or false, depending on legal state. In common law it is usually a requirement that this claim be false and that the publication is communicated to someone other than the person defamed (the claimant).[1]

Op, I'm thinking taking the new replacement sub is probably your best bet here... Everyone knows to use caution ordering from someone they don't know well. It doesn't sound like ID had any real play at all in this while decision process. More Paypal and woofers.

I'm afraid if you don't take the sub and move on, you'll end up with nothing. Maybe even more money spent trying to push this while thing.. I'm not trying to say your defeated but this could get expensive and way further out of your control..

Just my .02 from my experiences in lovely life.

Op, I'm thinking taking the new replacement sub is probably your best bet here... Everyone knows to use caution ordering from someone they don't know well. It doesn't sound like ID had any real play at all in this while decision process. More Paypal and woofers.
I'm afraid if you don't take the sub and move on, you'll end up with nothing. Maybe even more money spent trying to push this while thing.. I'm not trying to say your defeated but this could get expensive and way further out of your control..

Just my .02 from my experiences in lovely life.
I appreciate the advice, and see where you are coming from. However, I am not suing them. I have videotaped footage of the subwoofer being packaged at my local UPS facility. I am working to get a criminal case filed against them, not a civil case. Claiming anything is not received, or lying about a receipt, is considered mail fraud, which is a Federal offense. Our judicial system will handle the costs of that. If I need to fly out eventually to testify, then so be it.

I told them yesterday, which can be viewed in the messages I posted, that all I wanted was the money they stole from me and I would drop the whole thing. This thread wouldn't even exist if they wouldn't have done this. All the harassment from them, bad service, and prank phone calls in the beginning would have went on into oblivion for no one to know if they wouldn't have participated in this fraudulent act.

I appreciate the advice, and see where you are coming from. However, I am not suing them. I have videotaped footage of the subwoofer being packaged at my local UPS facility. I am working to get a criminal case filed against them, not a civil case. Claiming anything is not received, or lying about a receipt, is considered mail fraud, which is a Federal offense. Our judicial system will handle the costs of that. If I need to fly out eventually to testify, then so be it.
I told them yesterday, which can be viewed in the messages I posted, that all I wanted was the money they stole from me and I would drop the whole thing. This thread wouldn't even exist if they wouldn't have done this. All the harassment from them, bad service, and prank phone calls in the beginning would have went on into oblivion for no one to know if they wouldn't have participated in this fraudulent act.
obviously the one which wasnt purchased form them..

Sounds awfully fishy. No proof to back up which sub was sent to you which is really the main issue. Woofersinc and ID are long standing companies which deal with unruly customers often I would have to imagine. We don't know who the heck you are. I understand that the two parties may not have resolved the issue easily, but it sounds like woofersinc and ID are going to attempt to send you the item you planned to purchase. You don't want the item anymore, you want the money. To me, that screams that you were trying the bait and switch thinking you could get a new sub and not pay for it.

Sorry if that is not accurate and everything you say is true. It sounds like the issue could be resolved and you have had different plans from the beginning.

Sounds awfully fishy. No proof to back up which sub was sent to you which is really the main issue. Woofersinc and ID are long standing companies which deal with unruly customers often I would have to imagine. We don't know who the heck you are. I understand that the two parties may not have resolved the issue easily, but it sounds like woofersinc and ID are going to attempt to send you the item you planned to purchase. You don't want the item anymore, you want the money. To me, that screams that you were trying the bait and switch thinking you could get a new sub and not pay for it.
Sorry if that is not accurate and everything you say is true. It sounds like the issue could be resolved and you have had different plans from the beginning.
No, it sounds like the people sticking up for Wooferetc. have a different agenda. I was required to provide proof of everything I stated. Any proof possible was provided. Even then, people like you chime in and believe the opposite, defy rational thinking, and then don't require Woofersetc. (who made a statement here) to back up any claim. That is what sounds fishy.

I don't want the woofer they are offering because now I am out $290, and out of principle I am not letting them make a profit on this while I pay $40 more than the current market price. Not to mention, I was legally advised to NOT accept that offer.

Anyway, I am done with replying. I have answered everyones questions. I have provided proof. I appreciate those of you who took this thread as a simple caution (as that was the point), and looked at it without bias and with some rational.

With over 3,000+ views in just two days, I think it succeeded.

This same information will be posted on various other forums as well, as long as this continues without a proper resolution from Wooferetc.

No. Exact opposite. Rational thought would be to accept your claims after reasonable proof is shown. You simply posted that you brought the sub, showed that you sent something back, and posted emails in which you chose to completely disregard any chance to settle the matter. Now you have a change of heart and don't want the sub you originally purchased. You want the money you spent on the sub back despite saying an unusual amount of times that it isn't about the money.

Once again, you posted no proof of what sub was received or which sub was returned. It's your word against the word of an established company. A company which sounds like they were attempting to simply resolve the issue yet couldn't due your stubborn butthurt feelings or the intention of getting a free sub. My money is on the latter.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

smoothfidelity

10+ year member
smoothfidelity
NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from