1k Budget Speakers/Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

CalTech87

Japan
2013 Subaru Impreza

SSA Icon 12" (purchased in 2008 for a 2000 Civic Hatch EK)

Sundown Amplifier (dont have model off hand, for use with subwoofer)

Pioneer AVH-2400BT Headunit

Been searching for a few days now on what to do with the speakers in this car and have had some difficulty. Prices I've listed are appoximate since I've not shopped around yet. What Im looking at:

Front Components (6.5):

-Hertz HSK165 ($380)

-Morel Tempo 6 ($340)

Rear:

I've not had the pleasure of riding in a car with aftermarket rear door speakers, meaning only coupe style where rear speakers are often killed by a subwoofer due to proximity. I read that rear speakers should really only be replaced for "fill", and therefore should not be a large part of a budget, unless, I'm assuming, for competetive reasons? Therefore:

-Polk Audio DB651s ($60/pair)

-Sundown Audio NeoPro-6.5 ($140/pair)

-????

Amp:

-Stetsom Venom 800.4 ($350)

-????

Thanks for reading!

Nice front speaker choices either ones should do you fine, im currently running morel maximos and love them. As far as rear speakers go I wouldnt bother with them. Ive never liked the way it sounded with speakers behind you. I do suggest you spend some money on sound deadener and properly sealing up your front doors

So if the rear are running off HU power a 2 channel to the front should work fine?

And saving on rears certainly gives the option of deadening. Maybe thats for the best!

Do the PHD vendors on here the courtesy of not promoting eBay listings. Geoff and others have made the commitment to represent the company on the forums, and they can certainly provide better service than some foreign eBay seller.

Do the PHD vendors on here the courtesy of not promoting eBay listings. Geoff and others have made the commitment to represent the company on the forums, and they can certainly provide better service than some foreign eBay seller.
Im sorry I did say to contact phd I just wanted to show what they looked like. You don't have to be snippy about it

I'd you read the first word it said contact phd on here her is an example of the speakers obviously from a private buyer with no warranty. So calm down trumpet

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.