Wooferetc. Scam Plus Image Dynamics Scam Cooperation

smoothfidelity
10+ year member

NY
I will try to make this a short as possible and will be posting this to as many sites as I can.

I purchased an Image Dynamics IDQ12v.3 (for a friends install) through ebay via Paypal from Wooferetc. (wooferetc.com).

When I received the woofer, I immediately noticed that the motor structure had chips and nicks all over it, and the cone had scratches and such on it. It clearly was not in NEW condition, and was supposed to be brand new.

I contacted Wooferetc., by phone, and throughout about 10 hours time I had numerous conversations with different individuals there who gave me a hard time about returning the item. They all kept making excuses, never offered to have it replaced, and never even mentioned a resolution. They were basically blaming it on Image Dynamics.

After getting fed up with these phone calls, I ended up hanging up on the last guy after I told him I would just take the matter up with Paypal. He immediately called me back and told me to send the woofer back, but by this point I did not trust them. They were giving me the run around all day. They probably have the worst customer service I have ever dealt with at any company. I told the guy that I would rather take it up with Paypal so I have some sort of protection, at this point, and he started swearing and calling me names. I hung up and ignored further blocked calls that I received that night.....and there were many.

I filed the Paypal claim. For the next few days I would receive numerous prank phone calls from Woofersetc. calling me names, swearing, and just being blatantly rude and harassing as soon as I picked up the phone. I would always just hang up and not say anything. I was very surprised as to how immature a company such as this was acting after no fault of my own.

So after a few weeks, Paypal rules in my favor and I spend more than $40 to send the item back to them. Soon after, I received my refund from Paypal. It has been a few weeks since I received my refund.

Now I woke up this morning and had an email in my inbox from Paypal stating that Woofersetc. had appealed the claim and they were taking my refund back. What!! I called Paypal only to find out Woofersetc. claimed that I sent them a different item than what they sent and provided some sort of documentation from Image Dynamics stating that the serial numbers didn't match. After hearing that, I immediately got very upset. Now Image Dynamics is in on this little scam as well? Mind you, these two companies are very close to each other in proximity.

Paypal will not do anything. So now I am out the $40 I spent to send the item back, and the $250 that was originally spent on the woofer than Wooferetc. now has in there possession.

A few lessons to be learned:

1. Wooferetc. is a shady company that will do anything possible, including committing mail fraud, to avoid issuing a refund for defective product.

2. Woofersetc. has the worst customer service available and if you complain to them about a product being defective, you will need to jump through hoops to get a refund. Also, expect to be called vulgar names and receive prank phone calls for a few weeks.

3. Image Dynamics and Woofersetc. are a close nit family. Enough so, that Image Dynamics has no problem contributing to this mail fraud scheme to help Woofersetc. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER IMAGE DYNAMICS PRODUCT AGAIN. My best friend owns and auto restoration/motorcycle shop and we probably install 20 ID woofers a year in these cars. NO MORE!

Now this is where it gets good. As I stated earlier, I didn't trust Woofersetc. after all the trouble they gave me trying to return this defective product. So when I sent the item back, I brought my pre-printed shipping label, box, and subwoofer in it's original packaging to my local UPS facility. I notified them of the situation and they let me videotape them packaging the item, applying the label, and putting it in their outgoing inventory. I stopped videotaping after I pulled out of the parking lot.

I am going to prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law. A detective from their local police station is suppose to be calling me back tomorrow morning. Can anyone say mail fraud?

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND SHOP SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Da da da damnnnnn

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Post up that vid and some email screen shots ..

As stated above, proof needed (pics, emails, phone records of harrassing phone calls) Sounds shady as fuck tho.. no one should have to go through all of that!

DISCREPENCIES WITH WOOFERETC

Call your bank and claim it as fraud. Most banks will charge you roughly 30 bucks, but hell atleast your not out $250!!

Hope you get the situation resolved.Maybe Image Dynamics are going off what Woofersetc has told them?? At any rate stick it to whoever jacked you up..good luck!!

Cancel credit card and bank account tell bank someone accessed your info
^ That doesn't end well since they can see on PayPal it was from your IP etc.. Best off being truthful and canceling payment via bank. Tell them that you sent it back expecting an exchange and now you are left without the product you purchased and they refuse to send it back. They will see that as fraud and give you your funds. In regards to following up with a police investigation show them your phone logs with the numerous harassing phone calls from them, I'm assuming lasting less then 15-30 seconds from the same area code? You going the extra mile to video the UPS workers packaging it is also a pretty strong indicator of you not trying to commit fraudulent activity by sending back a swapped out dud. If you have original pictures of unboxing the subwoofer and the scratches and whatnot on it then you have a pretty solid case.

I paid with a Paypal balance so I can't do a charge back or anything like that.

I am left with only criminal prosecution, and I have pretty much accepted that I just lost a total of $290 dealing with them.

I only posted this experience so others are aware of their activities. After doing a search, I found that I am not the first person to have problems with this shady company.

This is why cheaper is not always the best route. Support your local dealers boys and girls.
I agree, but I don't have a local dealer. Wooferetc. is not cheap and they are also an authorized internet retailer for Image Dynamics. As I stated in the first post, I am done dealing with ID after this as well. I will never use, or recommend, one of their products again. They actually helped this company screw me.

^ true, many people have problems with Woofersetc. I considered buying from them however MOST reviews you find on google are negative.

Ahh that is unfortunate then, thanks for putting out the message though. I've started using PayPal but funding it through my card because of all the shady people online.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

smoothfidelity

10+ year member
smoothfidelity
NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from