Woofer Wiring - my **** gonna catch fire n burn?

WOT

Banned
Sorry for the catchy title lol, just finished wiring up 4 DVC 4ohm woofers HOPEFULLY down to 2 ohms.

I used this guide

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp?submitted=true&woofer_qty=4&woofer_imp=4

So I basically took a positive and a neg on each sub and twisted them together. And then connected all 4 left over positives together, and then all 4 remaining negatives together and running single wire from each to the amp.

Havent fired it yet.

Heres why. When I said I connected a POS and NEG on each sub at the start, I simply grabbed a POS coming form th top of the sub, and a NEG coming from the bottom of the sub to do this. Was hoping it didnt have to be more specific as long as the came from opposite sides of the subs.

Hard to explain. Hope someone can lmk if its ok to use it this way.

Thanks

ummm...the diagram is pretty self-explanatory. you either have it that way or not. what is your question?
Well there are 2 positive and 2 negative per sub, I dont know if it matterred WHICH pos and neg I wired together.........

if you're wanting 2 ohm...all positives need to be together. All negatives need to be together. You shouldn't have ANY pos to neg connections on your subs.

Very confusing way to explain. Let me try to answer your question.

You said you took a + from a random side and connected to a - on the other side. When you do this, you should only have a + or - left on each sub, so connecting all positives and all negatives is fool proof.... i hope lol

if you're wanting 2 ohm...all positives need to be together. All negatives need to be together. You shouldn't have ANY pos to neg connections on your subs.

?

You need to series the coils to get 8 ohms per driver then parallel them all for 2 ohms...

so you need a pos on one coil to a neg on another coil.. then all positives left over together and all negatives left over together

OK ya so I did it just fine then, I didnt knowif it mattered WHICH pos and neg were together, as long as they were on opposite sides I did it.

Im almost done this install, only have to tighten the ground, mount a dist block , and since Im out of 0 gauge Im gonna be running 3 4gauge wires for power about 30" long...... til monday, cause im anxious to power this visonik 4000D up lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.