Wondering what my setup would meter

OP
sounds_explicit

sounds_explicit

Senior VIP Member
Mar 13, 2015
cleveland ohio
I wish you luck... Personally I'd mount those amps in back and seal it off. Really seal t off. Make that rear deck solid and tie it all together... just me suppose. Or do a totally deadened trunk/package shelf /w/ a side fire aeroport and redesign.
My .02
Yea I'm gunna do a little experimenting with it. I dont want to redesign the box. Its loud and it plays stupid low. I totally deadened the trunk sides,spare wheel area trunk lid and back and I deadened the rear deck also. I think I'm gunna use the rear deck side impact rail as a frame and build a frame off of that so the box slides into the frame and then seal it off that way. Remove the carpet at sand down the box from the glue that was used to secure it to the box. And then seal it around the frame area and then possibly brace the rear deck so it doesnt flex so much. Since I deadened the rear deck it doesnt really flex that much but id like to make it a little better.

OP
sounds_explicit

sounds_explicit

Senior VIP Member
Mar 13, 2015
cleveland ohio
It typically won't sound as good for music firing everything forward in a trunk but that'll almost always be the road to better numbers.
Also im not really chasing number really. But id like to get some good number on music if possible. Unfortunately I'm starting a new job in monday so I wont have as much time as I had the last 4 months of being layed off. I had a budget of like 700 while I was layed off and it turned into a project I started upgrading 1 thing and it led to the next and now I'm about 4k in lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)

Trending Topics

Latest Classifieds