Wondering what my setup would meter

I got 2 in there now. I shifted a magnet on 1 on accident. But the box is big

Everything is way too crowded into the back of your trunk I think. Port is too close to the back wall to function as intended and you may not have enough space for the soundwave to get around in front of the box. I've done the trunk game before and have done better with fewer subs and adequate space to get the soundwave up front.

I didn't even look closely the 1st time I commented... jeez that box is stuffed in there. Is there any way you can spin it around and seal it off?

View attachment 22740

I didn't even look closely the 1st time I commented... jeez that box is stuffed in there. Is there any way you can spin it around and seal it off?
Its pushed back a little more now. I've got about 8 inches from port to trunk lid now. But I can move my amps and obtain 25 inches from port to trunk lid if needed. I turned them around once and I didnt really like the way they sounded . It has to be sealed off. I may make the next mod be a frame built into the side impact rail of the rear deck and have the box fit in it so that its sealed off. The sides of the box is about the same width as the trunk opening so its snug pretty much on the sides but there is about 5 inches of airflow room from top of box to the side impact frame rail.

I've got enough room to move the box back another 20 inches at least if I relocate the amps. In process of trying to come.up with a mock up of how to seal the box off and build a amp rack.

Attachments

• 20200619_130243.jpg
    20200619_130243.jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 249
  • 20200619_130243.jpg
    20200619_130243.jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 260
I wish you luck... Personally I'd mount those amps in back and seal it off. Really seal t off. Make that rear deck solid and tie it all together... just me suppose. Or do a totally deadened trunk/package shelf /w/ a side fire aeroport and redesign.
My .02

Last edited:
I wish you luck... Personally I'd mount those amps in back and seal it off. Really seal t off. Make that rear deck solid and tie it all together... just me suppose. Or do a totally deadened trunk/package shelf /w/ a side fire aeroport and redesign.
My .02
Yea I'm gunna do a little experimenting with it. I dont want to redesign the box. Its loud and it plays stupid low. I totally deadened the trunk sides,spare wheel area trunk lid and back and I deadened the rear deck also. I think I'm gunna use the rear deck side impact rail as a frame and build a frame off of that so the box slides into the frame and then seal it off that way. Remove the carpet at sand down the box from the glue that was used to secure it to the box. And then seal it around the frame area and then possibly brace the rear deck so it doesnt flex so much. Since I deadened the rear deck it doesnt really flex that much but id like to make it a little better.

It typically won't sound as good for music firing everything forward in a trunk but that'll almost always be the road to better numbers.
Also im not really chasing number really. But id like to get some good number on music if possible. Unfortunately I'm starting a new job in monday so I wont have as much time as I had the last 4 months of being layed off. I had a budget of like 700 while I was layed off and it turned into a project I started upgrading 1 thing and it led to the next and now I'm about 4k in lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.