Wiring two subs to JL Audio JX500/D amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

I_Love_Bass2

Uk
Hello, I am looking for some advice from fellow forum users.

I have purchased a new JL Audio JX500/1D amp for my car

71e18a6a17d8c8724b7c10dfdaff5c31.jpg

Code:
mono subwoofer amplifier
300 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
Class D amplifier design
MOSFET switching power supply
frequency response: 10 Hz - 150 Hz
variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 45 Hz)
optional wired remote level control
preamp inputs and outputs
speaker-level inputs
4-gauge power and ground leads and a 50-amp fuse recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
no onboard fuses — when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 50-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
7-7/8"W x 2-1/8"H x 7-11/16"D
Now I want to connect my two 10WXv2-4 10-inch Subwoofer Driver (200 W, 4 Ω) to this amp. They are in a sealed twin box.

JL-Audio-CS210-WXv2-4T.jpg

Now am I right in thinking that I can use two speaker cables and run each one from each sub terminal on the twin sub box to the correct polarity terminals on my amp? Like if you was bringing the amp, except it would be two bridges.

x3_71e18a6a17d8c8724b7c10dfdaff5c31.jpg

The reason I asked this as guides online are confusing and show images of subs being wired together then to the amp.

If the box is already internally pre-wired, just hook positive to positive, negative to negative. There is no bridging going on, its a monoblock, they just have extra inputs for ease of wiring. You can use 2 out of 4 or all 4, doesnt matter, same results.

If the box is already internally pre-wired, just hook positive to positive, negative to negative. There is no bridging going on, its a monoblock, they just have extra inputs for ease of wiring. You can use 2 out of 4 or all 4, doesnt matter, same results.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes the box is already internally pre-wired. So I wire sub 1 to negative to negative and positive to positive and sub two negative to negative and positive to positive. So that all four terminals on amp are in use. A bit like wiring normal speakers.

The easiest way for me to explain online is to run a wire from each sub to the amp, twist the positive from sub 1 and sub 2 together and hook it up to one of the positive terminals on the amp, do the same for the negative side. It's a mono amp so no matter if you use just one or both sets of terminals on the amp it is still only a one channel mono amp.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes the box is already internally pre-wired. So I wire sub 1 to negative to negative and positive to positive and sub two negative to negative and positive to positive. So that all four terminals on amp are in use. A bit like wiring normal speakers.
no you only use 2 terminals on the amp. There's two terminals on the box, it should only use two terminals on the amp.

This is how your sub should be already wired up inside.

2_4ohm_svc_2ohm.gif

Imagine the end location is the box terminal. You only use ONE pos and ONE negative wire and take up only 2 Of the 4 terminals on amp. AGAIN DO NOT USE ALL 4 TERMINALS on the amp.

no you only use 2 terminals on the amp. There's two terminals on the box, it should only use two terminals on the amp.
This is how your sub should be already wired up inside.

2_4ohm_svc_2ohm.gif

Imagine the end location is the box terminal. You only use ONE pos and ONE negative wire and take up only 2 Of the 4 terminals on amp. AGAIN DO NOT USE ALL 4 TERMINALS on the amp.
So why does my JL amp have two -- terminals and two ++ terminals? The way I was original going to do it Sub 1 box terminal + - to + - on JL amp output and then Sub 2 box terminal + - to the remaining + - output on JL amp.

So both sets of outputs on the amp are connected to the correct polaritys on both sub box terminals that are located each side of my twin sub box.

So why does my JL amp have two -- terminals and two ++ terminals? The way I was original going to do it Sub 1 box terminal + - to + - on JL amp output and then Sub 2 box terminal + - to the remaining + - output on JL amp.
So both sets of outputs on the amp are connected to the correct polaritys on both sub box terminals that are located each side of my twin sub box.
As said before, its for ease of wiring, If things are not pre-wired for you then, you can wire it up like that, but in your case you just need to hook it up to two of the terminals and you will still get all the power you can get from that amp. You dont need to use all 4 terminals, get that out of your head.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.