wiring question and amp help

Participant count
  • Participant list

xallstarx

ok, i need some help. im looking at buying 2 RF he 12'' subs (or something similar). what would be the best way to wire them (series/parallel) to get the best quality while still getting the most power out of the speakers, as well as what specs on the best amp to power them (mono/ 2 ch, watts, etc). im not looking for what setup would hit hardest, im just looking for a good quality a good priced (read: not too expensive) system that will maybe rattle some teeth;) . just so you know, i mostly listen to heavy stuff, with a healthy mix of emo punk and real hip-hop mixed in. any help would be appreciated, and please let me know if im totally off base on something. peace

the way you wire them depends on the amp you purchase. using different wiring schemes is a way to get more power out of your amp. it has nothing to do with the sound quality or performance of your subs. anyway... make sure you get an amp that can deliver at least the RMS watts to EACH of the subs. the more powerful amp you get (within reason) the easier it will have to work and the cleaner power it will produce because it will not be straining. just stick with a well known manufacturer, jl, rf, mtx, jbl just to name some examples.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.