Wiring issue, maybe power cable *****. =[

Participant count
  • Participant list

xvkellyvx

Iowa
Ok kinda dumb and simple to fix but thought I'd ask someone who knows more than I do. Ok my friend took his system out of his 01 Grand Prix and put it in his 83 pick up truck. Well his car got impounded and so we took the system out of it and were putting it in my car a 98 altima for the time being and all sorts of things go wrong. Think we got most the problems fixed cept one new one. The power and ground cable caught fire. 0.o

Same wires that were used in the other cars. It worked the whole time we were testing it all to get it working. We go to turn it all off so we can work on putting my dash back together, the switch we wired into it stopped working it went loose and then bam! Smoke and I go to pull wires from battery then the cable catches fire.

I take it I need a much stronger power cable or should I just say w/e and forget putting it in since I've had so much trouble getting it to work.

I want to shoot it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/pissed.gif.9f665f96bc89e98e708dabd4580bb591.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.