Kinetik battery or 3 farad cap?

Participant count
  • Participant list
My stock alternator is pushing out 80 Amps and im runnin 2 alpine type R-12s on a mrp-1000 alpine amp and i have a mutli channle mrp-f600 amp for my highs.. im runnin 4 gauge wire. i have dimming headligts when the base hits i can tell its draining all my power i put a 1 farad cap on and i still have the same problem im not sure to go with a 1800w Kinetik battery and run it with an isolator or a 3farad cap will fix the problem... what to use help plz. thanks if it helps i drive an 03 dodge neon .. ALSO I plan on doing the big 3 this weekend

My MRP-M500 dimmed my lights insanely... with the same electrical my AQ1200 doesn't even make my lights flinch. Those Alpine amps are current hogs, definitely go with a battery over a cap. You might as well run 0 AWG wire from the front to the back as well.

My MRP-M500 dimmed my lights insanely... with the same electrical my AQ1200 doesn't even make my lights flinch. Those Alpine amps are current hogs, definitely go with a battery over a cap. You might as well run 0 AWG wire from the front to the back as well.
Zero Gauge wire wont even fit in that amp.... and if i do go with the extra battery and an isolator will my alternator get the job done pushing out 85 amps

Anytime your system can draw more than your alt can put out at 100% without even considering the cars needs you have to worry about your batteries state of charge. Listening habits would play a roll in this.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

biggame63

biggame63
Safford, Arizona, United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
audiolife