Wiring help.

Participant count
  • Participant list
Is it possible to wire 12 dual 4 ohm subs to one monoblock amp and get a final impedance of 1 ohm or 2 ohms?? If so how would i do this?
+ from amp to + of voice coil 1 jump a wire to + of voice coil 2. Do the same for the -. This is parallel and will give you 2 ohm load. You can't wire one d4 to 1 ohm.

Break them into two groups of 6.

For each group --

Coils parallel for 2.

Each pair of subs parallel for 1. Now you have three 1 ohm loads.

Wire the three 1 ohm loads in series for 3, then wire each bank of 6 subs (3 ohms each) parallel for 1.5 total.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated. The dsp is an afterthought. I haven't installed anything yet but I put a budget system together. I already...
In a case like In a case like yours I would rather recommend tactile transducers. They are like woofers without the cone section that are...
Your image doesn't really show anything. That could be 3 different head units for all we know, but I think it's 2 different add-ons. It sounds...
Try again on the attachments/pictures. They didn't load. Not exactly sure on the wiring, but you can buy an adapter harness that goes from your...

About this thread

vandrew0320

vandrew0320
United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
n2audio