Wiring help plzzz

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dirtym

I just installed a 2 channel 4 ohm amp with 2 10 inch 4 ohm subs. I am using my factory head unit and tied in a LOC. The LOC RCA's were not red/white they were labeled L and R so I just matched them up on the amp. I believe the white was L.

I switched the LPF to on. When I turned on the stereo I cant feel the subs at all, the amp is on and working but just not putting out the correct power.

The amp worked well with a aft market CD player and LPF off so I'm assuming something isn't set up correctly.

The car was not started when I tested it but, I would assume it could power the amp for a short amount of time at least to test it. The amp is putting out about 170w to each speaker.

There is an adjust ment on the back that I am not sure what it does. It says 2 4 6 03v .05 and 1. There is also an adjust ment on the LOC itsself that I am not sure what does. Any help woudl be appreciated.

the control on the amp that your not sure about is the gain for the amp, it needs to be set to the preout voltage of the loc unit.

depending on where it is set you could be sending next to no power to your subs

well the LOC was set up for the most sound, there was a small setting on the amp that allowed more sound to come out. It's just a weak set up but with the base turned up It should be okay. THanks for the help.

Another question I had was when the volume is turned all the way off I can here a slight constant hum coming out of the speakers. Almost like there is some sort of interference. Anyone know why it's doing that?

that could be your rcas not grounding properly

way to check is to touch a piece of wire to the exposed metal piece of the rca to something that is grounded

if it stops make both ends permanent and you should be fine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.