Wiring and place of installations

Participant count
  • Participant list

gee
10+ year member

ca
Hi Everyone.

I own a Ford Windstar 95 and i want to put a cd player in it one amplifier and 2 10's Kenwood subs.I don't have any wires for my amlifier kit and i don't know what do i need for this installation because i'am new at this audio stuff. I don't get it when they say ground wiring does it mean to connect that ground wire in any metal place in the car and near the amplifier. There is like a lot of cables rca's and stuff like that to a connection like mine right ?The problem is how to connect the amplifier with the cd player and the speakers of the car and the 2 subs.Like the wireharness has to be connected with the wires for the amplifier or what ?? Which wire from the cd player has to be connected with what wire for the amplifier. Also i don't understand what is a crossover and what does it do and what is an cut-off frequency. On my sheet for the subs connection with the cd player and everything it says the cd player is first then it an Electronic crossover network and then the power amplifier and the full range speaker.

The next one saysanother kind of connection which it is. The cd player first and then the power amplifier and the the Passive crossover network another passive crossover network it looks like this ________

Tweeter

Input there is a line on input

Midrange (These 3 are in a box together)

Then there is a Tweeter with (-) and (+) sides and the the midrange (-) and (+) sides

And the last one is the subwoofer (-) and (+) sides

The other thing that i don't understand is the pre-output of the cd player if it has 2 pre-outputs or more does it mean it is better the more it has it is better ?????

What do the pre-output's do? Are you supposed to connect the pre-outputs with any cables of the amp or not ?????????????? These are all the stuff that i don't get yet and i have to know all these in order to do all my connections right !!!!!!!!

Any info can be helpful for me ...

Tnx. Gee

Where to begin....

More preouts=better; U need 1 pair for 2 channel amp, and 2 pairs for 4 channel amp.

Electronic crossover always comes before amplifier. Passive crossover always comes after amplifier.

Your install:

Preouts from HU go to LINE-IN on your amp.

Power wire from car's battery + to your amp +12V - don't forget to install a fuse as near the battery as possible.

Ground wire from any metal spot near the amp to your amp's GND connection. Scratch paint off to make sure the contact is OK.

Remote wire from your HU to your amp's REMOTE connection. It turns amp on when HU turns on.

That's for the amp.

Then you just connect your subs to amp like left + on first sub's + and left - on first sub's -, then right + to other sub's + and so on. Exactly the same for component speakers with passive crossover: + and - from amp to + and - on crossover's input, then + and - of woofer out, mid out and tweeter out on crossover to + and - of woofer, mid and tweet. Simple as that.

Crossover cuts of a range of frequency so a speaker can play exact frequencies that it is supposed to - like subs only play low frequencies. Cut off frequency is the freqency where the crossover "cuts" - say everything above 80Hz for subs.

Hope it helps, even if just a little!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.