Will this sub work with this amp?

momo27

md
Pioneer-GM-6500F-4-Channel-Bridgeable-Amplifier with a JL-Audio-10W3v3-4-Single-Subwoofer

new to the audio game. I was wondering if this setup would work>? I have the amp already.

wanted a good sub.

Wondering if I could get feedback. Thank you.

not very well

You could bridge 2 channels to of the amp to power the sub (as long as the sub is a single 4 ohm) however that sub really needs 400 RMS to get moving and you will have 180 from the amp.

You could then run the other 2 channels to a set of front speakers.

A few years ago I tried a similar setup, I took a 4x100 watt amp and ran the front channels to the front speakers and bridged the rear channels to run a JL 10w3v3 (4 ohm) in a sealed box and was not happy at all with the output.

Your best best is to get a proper amp to tun your sub.

I also have a set of pioneer speakers that my friend installed. But was wondering if anyone can rec. an amp for the sub i wanted? also is the sub that i want ok?

Did some reading and thought it was nice.

Thanks for the feedback really appreciate it guys.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.