Will these amps push 2x 3512e?

Participant count
  • Participant list

f1mclarenagr
10+ year member

4SKN
Milwaukee
First post here;)

I currently have 1 Hifonics Brutus BRZ1700.1D that puts out 1700WRMS @ 1Ohm @14.4Volts. It is CEA-2006 rated so it does the power and may be a bit more. I am planning on grabbing a second one, and was wondering if I bridge these together using an MLX-100, will it be able to push 2x 3512e nicely?

That would be 1700+1700 @ 2Ohm = 3400WRMS @ 2Ohm (I am correct right?).

I see a lot of you guys pushing 1500WRMS daily and sometimes a lot more.

Or should I just simplify everything and get an Audioque AQ3500D.1? That is 4300WRMS @ 1Ohm @ 14.4V. How are these amps? I wouldn't run at full power but somewhere around 1500-1700WRMS each sub I heard is a good start.

Thank you very much guys!

Oh by the way upgraded electrical 320amp Alternator, Two Yellow Tops, and 1/0 Knu all around before I even drop anything more in. That is my next project.

If it was between those two choices, whatever is cheaper. I don't know how the newer Hifonics amps are but they are cea compliant. On the other hand, AP amps have been benched to do rated and some. There are many threads about Hifonics vs AP. Search for it. Personaly, if it was me, I'd save up a bit more and buy something decent for those subs. Don't get me wrong, I love doing systems on a budget but those subs deserve more than either of those amps can provide. I would do this, but that's me.

AUTOTEK MM4000.1D CLASS D MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIER 4000W RMS - eBay (item 300445280228 end time Aug-09-10 20:07:53 PDT)

Yeah I am always open to suggestions. I've been reading about the MM4000.1D and still have a question on it. How clean is the power it puts out? I am assuming pretty good since you referenced it, but just wondering your thoughts.

the 3500s are some serious woofers.. they will take a clean 2500 daily per woofer. Id suggest you concentrate on upgrading your electrical over trying to find the most powerful amp for the money..

First post here;)
I currently have 1 Hifonics Brutus BRZ1700.1D that puts out 1700WRMS @ 1Ohm @14.4Volts. It is CEA-2006 rated so it does the power and may be a bit more. I am planning on grabbing a second one, and was wondering if I bridge these together using an MLX-100, will it be able to push 2x 3512e nicely?

That would be 1700+1700 @ 2Ohm = 3400WRMS @ 2Ohm (I am correct right?).

I see a lot of you guys pushing 1500WRMS daily and sometimes a lot more.

Or should I just simplify everything and get an Audioque AQ3500D.1? That is 4300WRMS @ 1Ohm @ 14.4V. How are these amps? I wouldn't run at full power but somewhere around 1500-1700WRMS each sub I heard is a good start.

Thank you very much guys!

Oh by the way upgraded electrical 320amp Alternator, Two Yellow Tops, and 1/0 Knu all around before I even drop anything more in. That is my next project.
FAIL!! The CEA rating system is crap and its only for the 4 ohm rating of an amp.

Get the AQ and forget about the Trashfonics

FAIL!! The CEA rating system is crap and its only for the 4 ohm rating of an amp.
Get the AQ and forget about the Trashfonics
Thanks for the info on that rating system.

I was also going to upgrade the electronics first before I even touch anything more with amps and subs.

Yeah I am always open to suggestions. I've been reading about the MM4000.1D and still have a question on it. How clean is the power it puts out? I am assuming pretty good since you referenced it, but just wondering your thoughts.
Trust me, it does every bit of that 4k if you've got the electrical to back it up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.