Amp/Hu question..

Participant count
  • Participant list

MaddMike740
10+ year member

Ohio
I just hooked up an amp the other day...all im powering is (2) 6x9's and (2) 5 1/4 inch door speakers.

On my HU i have 3 sets of rca's and in my options on the HU there is a setting for SUB -10 - +10...well if i crank up that SUB setting my rear speakers get louder...does this mean i plugged my rca's into the sub out instead of the rear out? Does it really matter cuz i mean it all works. However if memory serves correct when I adjust the FADE to the rear im thinking my speakers drop out..i'll have to check that on my lunch break.

edit: i check my fader and if i adjust it all to the front speakers i still get sound out the back speakers...lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
if anyone cares i did some checking and looked at the instructions to my HU and i actually do have my rca's plugged in correctly...i have a setting in the options for...sub/out or rear/out. i changed that setting to rear/out and all is cool now. however i'd like to thank everyone who took the time to reply and help me out with this issue, your help was greatly appreciated. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/moon.gif.9d317aec3339ffe7fde0638df52c628a.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.