Will most 1 ohm stable amps...

Sleeklsc
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Handle a .67 ohm load? It's actually .85-.9ohm once measure out on the dmm. The only 1 ohm amp i've ever ran at .67 is my present PA a2400db on 3 Type R's, and that ended up sitting exactly @ 1 iirc. Handled it fine.

I'm now using 3 d4 JBL gt5's (so far so good), but i'm thinking about getting a higher quality amp.. I'm doing it moreso because it's easier to get power that low vs 2.67.

at .8 or .9 you should be good but .67 may be pushing it a bit.

It also depends on the quality of teh amp and how much power you are sending to it as well.

I've done it with a few Zenon amps. They'll drive half an ohm, but keep in mind, low impedance is terribly rough on semiconductors no matter how "good" the amp is.

at .8 or .9 you should be good but .67 may be pushing it a bit.It also depends on the quality of teh amp and how much power you are sending to it as well.
Well I highly doubt i'll ever be sending them anything over 1200rms. And if I do it doesn't usually last long. Being so close to one ohm makes me think it'll be ok.

Ive ran my mmats dhcx2200.1 below 1ohm. .7 and with box rise was around 1ohm I think.. It's been awhile can't remember the whole scenario. Lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.