Will it stay at 2 ohm or go down to 1 ohm?

A single dvc 4ohm sub can too be wired to 2 ohm...

I was just curious if I ran each sub how you would run a a single down to 2ohm to each of the 2 + & - would it become 1ohm since it's connected internally or if since they are at 2 ohm where they connect to the amp would they play at 2 ohm instead of 1ohm, but I don't think it works like that...

I was just thinking about this because I have my subs ran in parallel to each other only having 1 set if leads going to the amp... But if I could run them to each terminal I out on my box and have them running to the amp individually and still get to 1 ohm wouldn't that also be better having a more evenly distributed instead of it having to go through one sub before it gets to the second?

Is this the reasoning behind having 2 (+) & (-) on the mono amps? Sorry if that was confusing...

The reason for having 4 terminals on the amp is for ease of wiring or strapping.
Ok then so instead of having + to + & - to - on sub 2 then going + & - to sub 1, which is also wired + to + & - to -, an then to my amp.

Instead can I:

Wire + to + & - to - on both subs and then run wires from each sub directly to each set of + & - respectively.

Different method of wiring but same result right? Except for this would probably distribute power to each sub more evenly possibly...

Just has me thinking because it was Sub 2s coil that burned, after inspecting both, sub 1s coil is fine and has no coil rub, just sub 2 (the sub that is connected to the amp through sub 1) has me wondering if maybe this had something to do with the coil burning. Tbh I have no clue, just trying to figure it out in my head so I can try something that may help a little but on top if keepin it turned down

Are the subs dvc or svc

Nothing internally is taking place as far as resistive load..the extra inputs means you don't have to cram multiple leads into 2 inputs

Ok then so instead of having + to + & - to - on sub 2 then going + & - to sub 1, which is also wired + to + & - to -, an then to my amp.
Instead can I:

Wire + to + & - to - on both subs and then run wires from each sub directly to each set of + & - respectively.

Different method of wiring but same result right? Except for this would probably distribute power to each sub more evenly possibly...

Just has me thinking because it was Sub 2s coil that burned, after inspecting both, sub 1s coil is fine and has no coil rub, just sub 2 (the sub that is connected to the amp through sub 1) has me wondering if maybe this had something to do with the coil burning. Tbh I have no clue, just trying to figure it out in my head so I can try something that may help a little but on top if keepin it turned down
These are your options, the top one is dual voice coil, the 2nd one is single voice coil. Its just that simple whatever else you think is irrelevant. One sub burned could be a multitude of things aka not similar loading in the sub box being too close to the port or the sub's glue and coils arent as good or the box design doesnt allow much air to cool that particular sub etc...

2_4ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

2_4ohm_svc_2ohm.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.