Will it stay at 2 ohm or go down to 1 ohm?

LetMyBeatPound

CarAudio.com Exclusive
Ok I have this question now.(thinking about wiring to 2 ohm so I put less strain in my electrical system till I can get the HO alt and to try and keep from clipping my subs again after I Re-Cone them)

Since my mono amp has 2 (+) and 2 (-),

what if I wire each sub in parallel down to 2ohm and hook them up to each of the 2 speaker slots? Will they stay at 2 ohm or will they drop down to 1ohm final because those 2 sets of + n - are connected internally?

Thanks!

A mono amp that has (2)+ and (2)- connections is typically paralleled internally...so if you hook up (1) 2ohm load to one +/- and another to the second set of +/- the amp will parallel that to a 1ohm final load.

It seems you have (2) 4ohm DVC subs (correct?), if this is the case you will not achieve a 2ohm final load.

Your options are:

4ohm and 4ohm parallel...for 2ohms per sub...from there you can either series the (2) subs for a final 4ohm load. Or you can parallel the (2) subs for a 1ohm load.

You can also series (2) 4ohm coils for an 8ohm load, then parallel those (2) subs for a 4ohm load, or run the (2) subs in series for a final load of 16ohms.

The only way to get a 2ohm final load is to run a single 4ohm DVC (coils parallel) for a single 2ohm load.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I have this question now.(thinking about wiring to 2 ohm so I put less strain in my electrical system till I can get the HO alt and to try and keep from clipping my subs again after I Re-Cone them)
Since my mono amp has 2 (+) and 2 (-),

what if I wire each sub in parallel down to 2ohm and hook them up to each of the 2 speaker slots? Will they stay at 2 ohm or will they drop down to 1ohm final because those 2 sets of + n - are connected internally?

Thanks!
You wont strain your electrical if you keep the gain down.
Just go 1 ohm

Sent from my Moto G4 using Tapatalk

Oh God.. Boomingrandpa see what you have caused...

You cant wire your subs at 1 ohm or 2.

They will be at 1 ohm.
With (2) 4ohm dvc's your only options are 1ohm(parallel/parallel), 4ohms(series/parallel), or 16ohms (series/series)

With a single 4ohm dvc sub you can only achieve 2ohms (parallel) or 8ohms (series)

I'm not trying to be a smart-***...your post says you cannot get a 1ohm load...and you can. Just stating a fact...I could give a fvck less about personal pissing contests.

I said you didn't have to option of 1 or 2.. As in you cant wire them to 2 ohms.

I said you didn't have to option of 1 or 2.. As in you cant wire them to 2 ohms.
Perhaps we're just not understanding each other...

The way I'm reading your statement is that you can't achieve 1ohm or 2ohms with the OP's pair of 4ohm dvc subs...that would be inaccurate...again I'm not trying to be a ****...but a single total load of 1ohm can be achieved with a pair of 4ohm dvc's...but (and you are correct) 2ohms cannot be.

...perhaps you're saying that there simply is no option because 2ohm cannot be achieved...if that's what you were conveying then I guess I misunderstood how you stated it.

Perhaps we're just not understanding each other...
The way I'm reading your statement is that you can't achieve 1ohm or 2ohms with the OP's pair of 4ohm dvc subs...that would be inaccurate...again I'm not trying to be a ****...but a single total load of 1ohm can be achieved with a pair of 4ohm dvc's...but (and you are correct) 2ohms cannot be.
I am very aware of how to wire subwoofers. I guess I should have worded it better.

I am very aware of how to wire subwoofers. I guess I should have worded it better.
I'm thinking this was just miscommunication. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

On a completely different note...I watched your vids...that's got to hurt sitting in your car. If you're breaking windshields that shizzle has got to be loud.

I'm thinking this was just miscommunication. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
On a completely different note...I watched your vids...that's got to hurt sitting in your car. If you're breaking windshields that shizzle has got to be loud.

You get used to it lol. Not loud anymore //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.