i figured out all other wires except ...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dikpuncher

I finish installing a new headunit in my Ford Escape XLT (2011) and everything works fine. However, there a 4pin harness that i cannot figure out. I suspect its thew steering wheel controller but i an stumped why there are four wires. Can anyone please help me identify which wire is which? Please.

Wires are white, gray, red and blue.

Please anyone.

I finish installing a new headunit in my Ford Escape XLT (2011) and everything works fine. However, there a 4pin harness that i cannot figure out. I suspect its thew steering wheel controller but i an stumped why there are four wires. Can anyone please help me identify which wire is which? Please.
Wires are white, gray, red and blue.

Please anyone.
volume up and volume down?

Forgive me if i do not understand your question ...

I am trying to figure out which of the 4 wires are SWC1 or SWC2 or grounding and whats the fourth wire on the 4pin harness.

yes. All i got was the other harness for power and speakers. The "extra" harness, none at all. Most schematics points to 2 or 3 wires, SWC1, SWC2 and grounding. This 4 harness ... none out there. Tried working backwards, the original HU was a Panasonic CQ-EC167AATA but that too is missing schmatics online. The 2 cable bundles out of the dash board are speakers+power and the mystery 4pin harness.

I have manage to change the clarion harness to blaupunkt for the speakers and power. Everything runs fine. I just need to know which is which for the white, grey, red and blue harness. Just knowing which is SWC1,SWC2 and grounding is good enough. I can ignore the fourth wire i guess

yes. All i got was the other harness for power and speakers. The "extra" harness, none at all. Most schematics points to 2 or 3 wires, SWC1, SWC2 and grounding. This 4 harness ... none out there. Tried working backwards, the original HU was a Panasonic CQ-EC167AATA but that too is missing schmatics online. The 2 cable bundles out of the dash board are speakers+power and the mystery 4pin harness.
I have manage to change the clarion harness to blaupunkt for the speakers and power. Everything runs fine. I just need to know which is which for the white, grey, red and blue harness. Just knowing which is SWC1,SWC2 and grounding is good enough. I can ignore the fourth wire i guess
could be power antenna or almost anything honestly money. maybe someone here can help ya. ill do a search too

swc = steering wheel control

1 and 2 are designated as data transfer legs

most newer vehicles today with steering wheel controls use a digital signal for transferring data via (controller area network) CAN bus rather than an analog electrical signal, but it's giving me issues trying to maintain it's integration with an old school cda-7864 in my girl's '15 dart due to not having an integration harness on the market for that old of a receiver. in order to do that i would not only need that harness, i would also need the corresponding universal infrared transmitter to act as the remote.

they do make integration harnesses for most modern vehicles and stereos, though.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ford+escape+xlt+2011+steering+wheel+control+aftermarket+receiver&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiH2arJqpPXAhVJ9YMKHboDDwAQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=963

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.