Stetsom Vulcan 3000 1 Ohm

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bluecarz77

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys new to the forums. I have recently been installing a new system into my car and just impulse bought a stetsom amplifier. Was just wondering what experiences people may have had with them and if they do rated power. Ive watched a bunch of videos and they all seem to show them doing rated power, just not sure about the reliability. Will be getting 2x Sundown audio 750 OR 1000 rms DVC 10's

STETSOM VULCAN 3000 – 1 OHM​

Last edited:
Hey guys new to the forums. I have recently been installing a new system into my car and just impulse bought a stetsom amplifier. Was just wondering what experiences people may have had with them and if they do rated power. Ive watched a bunch of videos and they all seem to show them doing rated power, just not sure about the reliability. Will be getting 2x Sundown audio 750 OR 1000 rms DVC 10's

STETSOM VULCAN 3000 – 1 OHM​

Well made amplifiers and pretty reliable. You will need the supply for the demand for it to serve its purpose. Meaning the correct electrical supply. Sound Digital is almost the same as the Stetsoms. Ive seen quite a few in operation at some audio shows and meets,even the 5k Bravo series which are very nice. Be a great amp to run that youve chosen.

Well made amplifiers and pretty reliable. You will need the supply for the demand for it to serve its purpose. Meaning the correct electrical supply. Sound Digital is almost the same as the Stetsoms. Ive seen quite a few in operation at some audio shows and meets,even the 5k Bravo series which are very nice. Be a great amp to run that youve chosen.
Hey thanks. It will be replacing a Hifonics 1200. I have just finished the electrical system of my car and installed 2 batts so hopefully it is all enough. My one audio buddy talked me into running a red top up front, yellow top in the back and 2 runs of 4 GA from the front to the back and then to the amp for power wire, each batt has 3 separate grounds and the amp has 2 to the rear batt to match the power. All OFC. Hoping that will support 2-3k. If not ill change it all this spring

Hey thanks. It will be replacing a Hifonics 1200. I have just finished the electrical system of my car and installed 2 batts so hopefully it is all enough. My one audio buddy talked me into running a red top up front, yellow top in the back and 2 runs of 4 GA from the front to the back and then to the amp for power wire, each batt has 3 separate grounds and the amp has 2 to the rear batt to match the power. All OFC. Hoping that will support 2-3k. If not ill change it all this spring
How big is your alternator?

alt is pretty small being in a tiny car. 80-90 amp alt right now, will probably be my last upgrade this year when i get the bigger subs. So far the car charges at 14.4v all the time with both batts

hopefully those two batteries work out for you. I had two-(2) sets of red tops that damaged two of my 255 amp alts due to poor shelf life BNEW and even Chgarged them up before putting them in. Expensive lesson. I ended upo putting a stock 140 a alternator back in and two Oriley Super Start AGMs and never had any issues afterwards and had my alts rebuilt as they were New and a long time trusted local vendor. Back in like 06 they were awesome batteries for me. I cant trust them now.
Make sure you get the Big3 done if you havent already with 1/0-0ga OFC. Be very beneficial to do

Yeah i just took both my optimas out and the red top has only been in my car for 3 weeks in -25 and it took 15 hours to charge up on a 2A charger.... shoulda went oddesy or XS? lol

Glow Voltage Series 1, 2 or 3 depending on the need. See there info here.

Pre-ordered my series 1 about 2 weeks ago.. can't wait

Yeah i just took both my optimas out and the red top has only been in my car for 3 weeks in -25 and it took 15 hours to charge up on a 2A charger.... shoulda went oddesy or XS? lol
Not all chargers are the same and charge and different rates. Any battery will deplete in that type of weather if you do not crank the vehicle for every other day generally. That cold/-25* is harsh on any battery. Thats not a bad time frame to charge a battery with a 2amp charger. Pretty easy to tell if you have a bad battery/damaged cells if you let it sit for 3 days in approx 50* or better after a full charge and the voltage drops down past 11.v,within that time (3days) its going to be a bad battery.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...