Will a Taramps MD1800 work well for Soundqubed HDX312?

Participant count
  • Participant list

charles99olson

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have purchased a Duel Two OHM Soundqubed HDX312 because it seemed like a well made 1500 rms subwoofer under $300. I built a 2.5 cubic foot box with a port area of around 36 inches and tuned it to 34 hertz.

I have wired everything to 1 ohm, but I'm still waiting on the speaker. I also ordered a Taramps MD1800 which was benched at around 2400 rms. However, I was wondering after impedance rise if this would not be enough power for this subwoofer. I was thinking maybe the 3000 watt models and setting the gain lower.

I am open to your thoughts and criticism. If you think I should get a different speaker for around $300 or build a different box, I am all ears as well.

I have purchased a Duel Two OHM Soundqubed HDX312 because it seemed like a well made 1500 rms subwoofer under $300. I built a 2.5 cubic foot box with a port area of around 36 inches and tuned it to 34 hertz.

I have wired everything to 1 ohm, but I'm still waiting on the speaker. I also ordered a Taramps MD1800 which was benched at around 2400 rms. However, I was wondering after impedance rise if this would not be enough power for this subwoofer. I was thinking maybe the 3000 watt models and setting the gain lower.

I am open to your thoughts and criticism. If you think I should get a different speaker for around $300 or build a different box, I am all ears as well.
Man... you NEED a 5K to flex that sub... Jk.

I suppose its dependent on your knowing the limits once it's installed. It might be enough for most but others will put a 3K korean on there and wire down.

Do you have any amp recommendations for this budget build for around $300? I know thats a lot to ask.
Budget builds seem to gravitate to the Taramps Smart3 and you should have plenty of power on tap then. Id make sure your electrical is up to it tho... its a little beast

$300? budget build?.. what did the sub cost you?

Budget builds seem to gravitate to the Taramps Smart3 and you should have plenty of power on tap then. Id make sure your electrical is up to it tho... its a little beast

$300? budget build?.. what did the sub cost you?

I meant that I was looking for an amp for around $300. Sorry for my poor wording. Thank you for your help! The subwoofer was $279 plus tax.

I was a little worried about the Smart Three because doesn't that draw like 350 amps? I would probably need a high output alternator. I do have an agm battery.

So are you saying that the 1800 wouldn't push the subwoofer to its limits? Thats what I'm mostly after.

I meant that I was looking for an amp for around $300. Sorry for my poor wording. Thank you for your help! The subwoofer was $279 plus tax.

I was a little worried about the Smart Three because doesn't that draw like 350 amps? I would probably need a high output alternator. I do have an agm battery.

So are you saying that the 1800 wouldn't push the subwoofer to its limits? Thats what I'm mostly after.
The 1800 push a Hdx to its limits?.. not likely.
Takes power to make power and electrical should be the 1st thing you address when playing with a 1500 wmrs sub if you want to tax the thing.
And yes... a smart3 will consume some current but put out like a cheap ho.

That lil amp surprised me

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.