Why the hype for old school amps?

Hey phyphoestilic, I'm wondering where you found those usx amps and for how much. Just wondering.

L.
Got them on Ebay. From a place called Audio Clinic. Which I guess is a amplifier repair place that's pretty close to my house. Apparently they were authorized to repair all Maxxsonic products and US Acoustics.

Here's his Ebay store. I think he still has 1 USX600F left

http://stores.ebay.com/Audio-Clinic

The other USX series were also made in the US I think, just not by Zed audio. I got a better price then he listed just cuse I ordered 4. I talked to him separately so we didn't go through ebay.

where else can you get a beasty ass amp in barney purple?

with a plexiglass bottom, made in florida?

btw...US Amps Double D is possibly one of the greatest amps of all time. That thing is rediculous. My oldest brother installed one back in the day in this guy's Suburban with 8 JL W3s or W4s. Thing was built like a tank.

'Zup, peeps? Im new to this forum. I have an old school amp made by Earthquake in '94. And its still banging to this day. Its the PA2150. It even came with a birth certificate! ..700x1/ 4 ohms , 350x2 /2 ohms, sig to noise:105db, and THD @.015. weighs about 20 lbs. The 12' subs are from earthquake are ok, but they are in a bandpass box...*sounds like S#it*!*. I was thinking on swappin to a ported box soon, hope that sounds better in my SUV.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

Brother, we could be twins:D .........I too got out of car audio in about 93 or 94.Now I'm attempting to get back into it, and I'm not finding the quality and sound I remember from the "old" days. I'm not prepared to spend a couple of thousand for an amp. I'm amazed at the wattage I'm seeing for 200.00, but I'm not very impressed by the quality. I still have 2 of my original Xtant amps, my monoblock will be fine for my subs, but my 4X45 isn't going to cut it for the Rainbox Pro-Fi Kicks.....Man, I wish I had kept my old PPI A600 and A404.........I guess I'm going to end up with a "old school/new School" system!.........unless upon reading more hear, I find a new amp with the quality and sound of the old stuff......anyone?

Regards Sonny
im in the same boat brother.Im still trying to find a sondstream a 600

how much dos the old LA sound malibu 120s put out?
From what I can remember LA Sound was not that great yet it should do around 100 watts total. RMS.

Just my opinion.

I had a few brand new old stock LA sounds yet I sold them so fast I didn't get a chance even to test them.

Here is a pic of them.

DSC03876.jpg
[/img]

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.