Why no love for Skar?

Id go with sundown because they are a proven name and have really good customer service. Do some research on skar and you might decide to go with sundown.
skar has really stepped up their service since a couple years ago, though

I like sundown oops I mean skar products //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Lol. I think I get it. Its just always nice to get in with an up and coming company as opposed to having something everyone has. Not saying either one is bad.

I'd go sundown. Tried and true amps and they are really doing a lot of development with their products, making their newer stuff an improvement from their older, even if the older was perfectly fine.

I would rock the skar amps if I had the extra cash laying around... I wouldn't mind doing a full demo car with skar products... amps / subs / speakers etc..

JUST ORDERED A SKAR 1500.1 TODAY FROM KEVIN AND HE GAVE ME A KILLER DEAL ON IT WITH WARRANTY AND REPLIED TO ALL MY QUESTIONS ALMOST IMMEDIATELY ,EVEN SHIPPED IT THE SAME DAY,AS FAR AS BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE GOES I NEVER EXPERIENCED THAT,ABOUT TO ORDER 2 VVX15'S TO GO WITH THE AMP,CANT WAIT TO HOOK THIS STUFF UP!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

I've got the cash laying around just want to be sure Im 100% sold on my decision. If your gonna spend nearly a grand on Subs and Amp you want to make sure you made the right decision.

No offense but doing the right thing was to jot buy jl
But like I said u can get more power for a little less
You were probably in 3rd grade in the early 90's. JL was the business back then (IMO Soundstream was also quite nice then). Soundstream is Power Acoustic with a gay spider on it now. I wouldn't go near it.

So that being said, if you had a chance to get either amp at roughly the same cost which would you go with? The well known sundown amp, or the new kid on the block skar?
For the same money Sundown because Jacob has a great track record for customer service. Even if the amp was identical guts, if you're paying for new you're buying warranty and customer service. Now if the Skar was 30% cheaper I'd say go that way, if they were both used I'd say flip a coin.

I have run a couple sundown 1500d's, a sundown 3500d and loved them all, but I just bought 2 skar 12's and a skar 1500 and the subs are very clean bass, and the amp never gets hot. Overall, great so far, I ordered it all on a thursday morning at 2am, and received it saturday morning, 2 vvx12's, skar 1500 and custom box. I had read good and bad on skar, but figured I would make the decision myself. I would recommend the skars

No skar amp as the 4channel is not enough power and they dnt make a 2500watt amp so until they do I am good. Kevin had some shaddy stuff happen many moons ago but thats his karma not mine. As far as the subs I have owned sa's and now the skars build quality on both are good. Now let me get off so I can run to the Depot and get some metal tape to help hold my car together..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.