Why no love for Skar?

Deezneez
10+ year member

I am wondering why people aren't jumping on the Skar amp bandwagon? The amps seem to be very close to the Sundown amps in nearly every aspect but I don't see anyone posting about them. That being said, which would you rather take (at roughly the same price) a Sundown 1500d V.1 or a Skar 1500.1?

I am wondering why people aren't jumping on the Skar amp bandwagon? The amps seem to be very close to the Sundown amps in nearly every aspect but I don't see anyone posting about them. That being said, which would you rather take (at roughly the same price) a Sundown 1500d V.1 or a Skar 1500.1?
Or spend less money for a SS rubi 2500...........

Honestly, I was a big basshead in the early 90's to the early 2000's and I have never been a fan of SS. I even remember almost getting into a fight with a car stereo shop trying to rip me off with some SS SPL 12's. I finally got my money and did the smart thing and bought some JL's with a Punch amp. So no offense, I would not run a system with SS. JMO.

Honestly, I was a big basshead in the early 90's to the early 2000's and I have never been a fan of SS. I even remember almost getting into a fight with a car stereo shop trying to rip me off with some SS SPL 12's. I finally got my money and did the smart thing and bought some JL's with a Punch amp. So no offense, I would not run a system with SS. JMO.
No offense but doing the right thing was to jot buy jl

But like I said u can get more power for a little less

Say what you want, but in 98', JL Audio was the Shizznit. Not over priced like now and got the JOB DONE!
We are saying what we want, JL = No.

and i'd know, I AM JL AUDIO. Do Work Son.

Only nice thing from JL anymore is the 12w7s simply because you can use the motor for standard 3" coil recones..

In 98, I prefered Orion/Rockford over jl.

Well in 98' the only thing sold locally where i lived (Lansing, Mi) was JL, SS, Eclipse, Kicker, and MTX (Major brands) Rockford amps of course. But JL was by far my favorite subs all around.

So that being said, if you had a chance to get either amp at roughly the same cost which would you go with? The well known sundown amp, or the new kid on the block skar?

because most of us have no experience with them. doesnt mean we have no love but we cant hype up something we dont know much about. looks like some nice stuff though. i would like to try some out sometime.

Id go with sundown because they are a proven name and have really good customer service.

Do some research on skar and you might decide to go with sundown.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.